Senior Instrument Manufacturing Engineer - Contractor
About this role:
10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its instrument development and sustaining team. This person will be responsible for manufacturing quality support for complex system equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a background in engineering and systems troubleshooting. Knowledge and hands on experience with quality, failure analysis, production assembly, calibration and control for instrument manufacturing with contract vendors are required. This is a 6months contractor with possibility of conversion.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and refine instrument BOMs and ensure engineering drawings comply with documentation best practices.
- Manage ECO implementation at contract manufacturer and 10x Production floor
- Responsible for supporting documentation and management of deviations, NCRs, and MRB process
- Engage with manufacturing to drive root cause investigations, implement corrective actions, monitor and trend production issues, establish IQC/IPQC/OQC and provide for continuous manufacturing process improvements
- Define, implement, and standardize calibration and PM protocol for fixtures, tools, and equipment.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Analyze and manage process risk in the manufacturing environment (PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests used in manufacturing.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing with 5+ years of experience, or MS/ PhD with 3-5 years of experience.
- Work history with several successful iterations of Design to Manufacturing transfers
- Ability to review and update mechanical drawings, ability to read schematics
- Creation of FMEAs, ECOs and work instructions
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques, machining, injection molding, instrument and consumables for biotech
- Experience working with instrument manufacturing under ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 standards
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with Arena
- Ability to travel to contract manufacturers (approximately 5%)
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?