Key Account Manager, New York
About the Role:
The Key Account Manager Pharma is the commercial lead on a subset of strategically important large accounts. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining a seamless partnership to maximize all aspects of the relationship, including: adoption and use of 10x products, financial performance and business growth, customer satisfaction, and product/technology development and optimization.
Assigned to a subset of named large customers, the Key Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota while building a long-term strategic partnership with all levels of their customer’s organization. The ideal candidate will live in the territory and have strong customer relationships within our current market.
What you will be doing:
- Achieve sales growth and objectives within assigned accounts across the entire 10x portfolio.
- Set goals for the account team, provide feedback, and facilitate communication between 10x and each key account.
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction as well as up-sell and cross-sell potential within assigned key accounts to maximize share of wallet
- Provide business insight and value to retain customers and ensure customer relationships.
Demonstrate leadership and decision making in adjusting strategy to account for local factors or market shifts
- Understand the competitive dynamics within the account and lead development and implementation of strategies and tactics that best position 10x technology and products to neutralize competitor growth.
- Responsible for maximizing the strategic business relationship, both short term and long term, by aligning the customer’s mission and goals with successful utilization of current and future 10x technology
- Builds and executes strategic account planning with their territory team that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Coordinating pre-sales and post-sales follow up
- Work collaboratively with Business Development, Product Marketing, Field Sales, and Field Application Scientists to drive opportunities and awareness in assigned accounts.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Negotiate all sales opportunities within company established parameters for the assigned key accounts and generate associated sales contracts and quotations.
- Manage the sales process including pricing management, project pipeline visibility, product and revenue forecasting, order transactions, and ship schedules.
- Provide 10x Sr. leadership & management with regular feedback on account status and key initiatives.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Navigate orders through the customer purchasing process and provide accurate sales forecasts; while keeping CRM system up to date.
- Reporting to the District Sales Manager, you will be a senior member of the district team, playing an active role in its development, driving results in line with its strategy and tactics.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- BS. in life science, chemistry or business
- Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line
- Minimum of 5+ years senior level sales experience in NGS, or Diagnostics
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate well and think quick on your feet
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of influencing in a matrix organization driving for action and consensus
- Results orientated, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Willingness to accept heavy travel.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM database (Salesforce expertise would be an advantage)
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?