Commercial Tender Specialist
About the Role/Team:
We are seeking a highly-organized individual contributor able to collaborate across multiple functions to efficiently drive tender response processes to timely conclusions.
Who we are looking for:
You are someone who has demonstrated more than 5+ years experience & knowledge of commercial operations business processes in complex selling environments (e.g. Quote and Tender Management, Configuration and Pricing processes, and Contract Management) and adjacent process areas in the life sciences industry.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze the request for proposal (RFP) and define the bid operational strategy in line with the commercial strategy.
- Manage the Tender, Quality, Costs, Delivery and Performance commitment for bids.
- Deliver a winning proposal to the customer, with a defined scope, accurate commitments, in a timely manner and within the defined tender budget.
- Manage document package (electronic and paper) including translation of all incoming tender documents to English, route translated documents to Legal for review/approval, and collect additional documents to translate into language if needed
- Manage external documentation such as consulate stamps, apostilles, etc
- Manage end-to-end sales tender and vendor questionnaire response process including document check-in, routing, and final submission
- Onboard and triage of customer requests, responsible for setting response timelines and maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLA) targets
- Support handling of documents from international sources: including translation and coordination of certification documents where needed
- Maintain database of questionnaire categories and standard responses
- Daily tracking status of open questionnaires and deadlines
- Compilation and maintenance of resources commonly required for questionnaire responses
- Coordination of outreach to subject matter experts to support response process
- Pre-submission validation of questionnaire responses with internal stakeholders and signatories
- Timely execution on submission of questionnaire responses
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable education in Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Law, or related careers.
- 5+ years of experience with proposals, bids, and tenders, preferably at a life science or biotechnology company (but other industries also considered)
- Experience with Oracle ERP and Salesforce CRM
- Public procurement experience
- Proficiency with Google Workspace applications and Microsoft Excel desired
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?