Associate Director, Business Development
About the Role/Team:
The Associate Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Development will serve as a key member of the Corporate & Business Development team, working in partnership with cross functional partners and the executive management team to drive and implement long term growth strategies for 10x. This position will play a leading role in shaping and refining the company strategy, as well as be responsible for the evaluation and management of new and existing strategic business opportunities, initiatives, partnerships, and alliances in support of 10x’s growth.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
• Support strategy development. In conjunction with the team, drive development of long-term and short-term strategies to advance 10x Genomics’ positioning in the marketplace, and work with key stakeholders across the company to continuously enhance process for strategy development/strategic planning.
• Drive implementation of key initiatives. Partner with key functions to drive successful execution and implementation of strategic priorities. Collaborate with business and functional leaders to ensure seamless hand-off of strategic initiatives.
• Support opportunity prioritization. Collaborate with Strategic Marketing and R&D to build buy-in on corporate-level priorities. Analyze options, create scenarios and build recommendations that support business decisions.
• Execution of partnerships. Source and effectively negotiate successful outcomes for potential commercial and strategic partnerships, collaborations, etc. Set the framework for, and construct innovative, value-creating “win-win” deals to meet 10x’s strategic and financial objectives, while interfacing with cross functional 10x team members such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and R&D.
• Collaborate on market assessments. Partner with Marketing to drive strategic market assessments across all business fields, regions, and customer segments in a structured manner.
Minimum of advanced degree in genetics, genomics, or related field and/or MBA with 8+ years of experience in the life sciences, genomics, or biopharmaceutical industries.
• Strong scientific, technical and business acumen in genomics, NGS (next generation sequencing), and/or molecular diagnostics; oncology expertise (including immuno-oncology) strongly preferred.
• Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills as demonstrated by ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholder
• Experience in conducting financial analysis and championing the business case with Senior Management.
• Experience of setting up complex deal structure with ability of drafting term sheet independently
• Track record of driving agreements to execution including structuring and leading negotiations.
• Strategic thinker who can help chart the course for the company, with demonstrated success defining the vision, strategies, and tactics to drive growth.
• Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
• Flexibility to travel up to 40%.
• Please submit deal sheet together with resume.
• Experience in strategy consulting is highly desirable.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.