Head of Enterprise Security
About the role:
Our team is seeking an experienced and highly-technical Enterprise Security leader to drive our enterprise security initiatives hands-on. You will participate in and lead the development and implementation of security technologies and processes to safeguard our assets and information. You will be responsible for engaging hands-on in technical implementations and leading a team of security professionals to identify security risks, and design and implement solutions to manage those risks. The ideal candidate should have a deep technical background in security engineering and broad understanding of security principles, practices, and technologies, with the ability to work across a wide variety of technology stacks.
If you are a self-starter who is passionate about security and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement, and manage enterprise cybersecurity solutions to safeguard our assets and information
- Lead and manage a team of security professionals responsible for security engineering, incident response, vulnerability management, and risk assessments
- Partner closely with IT and engineering teams to secure core systems and software
- Conduct security analyses, drive risk decisions, and influence both infrastructure and product architecture across internal tools, frameworks, and applications.
- Monitor and report on security incidents, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Work with senior leadership to identify and mitigate security risks
- Evolve and modernize authentication, access infrastructure, and policy to improve the employee experience while keeping our assets safe.
- Develop and maintain security policies, procedures, and standards in line with industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance and support to other departments to ensure compliance with security policies and procedures
- Manage relationships with external vendors and service providers to ensure the security of our data and systems
- Advocate for security culture and educate colleagues across all parts of 10x.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Security, or a related technical field OR equivalent experience.
- 8 years of technical experience in security, with at least 3 years of experience leading security or software engineering teams in an operational or technical capacity.
- The ability to write code in one or more general-purpose languages, such as Python, Go, C++, or similar.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, or a related technical field.
- In-depth foundational knowledge of computer systems, networking, security engineering, authentication, security protocols, and/or applied cryptography.
- Technical experience across a range of security disciplines - operating systems, infrastructure, cloud, web application, identity and access management, hardware, etc.
- Experience with securing hybrid on-premise and public cloud infrastructure (specifically AWS).
- Experience with security frameworks such as NIST, ISO 27001, and CIS Controls
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the biotech industry.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?