Senior Software Engineer, IT Automation
10x Genomics is a leading biotechnology company that delivers powerful and reliable tools for scientific discoveries to advance human health. We are seeking a highly skilled Software Engineer with a passion for IT automation to join our team.
As a Software Engineer, IT Automation you will be responsible for the automation and orchestration of IT systems and services, with a focus on resilient design and ease of use. You will be working on various projects related to automation, testing, and deployment of IT systems across multiple platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop, and implement automation solutions for IT systems and services.
- Create and implement best practices for testing, deployment, and continuous integration of automated IT systems and services
- Collaborate cross functionally with business partners
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related field and 4 years of relevant experience; OR 6 years of professional experience in developing software for IT automation and orchestration
- Experience programming in one of the following languages Python, PowerShell, or Bash
- Experience with one or more Cloud Technologies (IAM, Terraform, EC2, S3, Lambda and related)
- Expert level knowledge of infrastructure-as-code (IAC) tools and technologies such as Ansible and Terraform
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with Okta and Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge of Workday, Salesforce, Jira, and ServiceNow APIs
- Enthusiasm for a broad range of technology fields
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.
Something looks off?