Sales Cloud Product Owner
Salesforce Product Owner
The Commercial Operations Salesforce Product Owner is a team member in Commercial Operations who supports other functional groups including Sales (Inside and Field-based), Technical Sale Support, Productivity Engineering, Customer Service, Technical Support, Marketing, and others to drive and measure sales efficiency and understanding of our business and customers. They will have a primary focus on Salesforce.com administration. The Product Owner will contribute to cross-functional initiatives and is responsible for upkeep of the current platform, its data, and creation of new functionalities.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Own overall success of the Salesforce.com Sales Cloud product.
- Contribute to vision and strategy for Sales Cloud projects and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Stakeholder teams and others in the Commercial team to define improved business value and ROI delivery for Sales Cloud.
- Define business case; develop User Stories and Requirements to ensure consistent product delivery.
- Manage backlog, iteration planning for Salesforce Sales Cloud.
- Plan and approve release content and functionality.
- Resolve impediments to ensure completion of sprint goals.
- Work closely with Productivity Engineering to ensure alignment with other systems and platforms.
- Plan and contribute to the execution of change management and training.
- Create communications that describe newly created platform functionality and provide instruction for Users about how to use it effectively.
- Work with leadership to maintain product roadmap learning current business processes and transforming that to a modern/efficient business workflow.
- Define, prioritize, and groom the product backlog; sets priorities/goals for the iteration.
- Own the 'Definition of Done' and evaluate whether we can deliver sufficient additional value compared to other items on the backlog.
- Own resolution of daily scope/product requirements blockers for the delivery team.
- Create and manage reports and dashboards to allow visibility into the effectiveness of sales and marketing programs for front lines sales reps, as well as managers and company leaders.
- You will actively identify issues or opportune areas for improvement to processes, data, or systematic solutions.
- Ongoing support of key commercial activities including but not limited to: salesperson training programs, oversight of territory coverage, sales forecasting, commission maintenance and program initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in relevant technology-based commercial job functions. e.g. sales, business, strategic planning, management consulting
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Previous experience in software development and/or support and knowledge of Agile development models
- Intimate knowledge of Salesforce Lightning and Sales Cloud is required.
- Experience with Salesforce Enterprise Territory Management, Configure Price Quote (CPQ), and Collaborative forecasting.
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, collaboration, and negotiation capabilities.
- Effective presentation and communication skills with industry professionals, scientists, peers, and senior management
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in an unstructured environment.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams with and without formal authority.
- Excellent Excel modeling skills are essential.
- Learning & development or instructional design experience is a plus.
- Ability to project manage independently and to operate under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Service Cloud experience.
*THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE POSITION AND CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE USA
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.