Senior Travel Program Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented Senior Travel Program Manager. This will include strategic sourcing for events in addition to creating and managing travel programs. As the lead for this function, you will be accountable for developing strategies to deliver sustainable results across all travel and events categories by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. You will be responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders across multiple functions and regions and sourcing excellent outsourced services. You will manage all of the travel sub-categories and support the company in sourcing locations and services for events. You will be accountable to deliver against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
What you will be doing
- Manage a global travel program that scales with the 10x’s growth, modifying as needed to remain consistent with 10x’s strategy and working closely with all suppliers including air, lodging, ground transportation.
- Strategically source, negotiate pricing and incentives for travel and event suppliers.
- Manage the relationship with the global travel management agency, ensuring all service levels are met.
- Engage and establish business partnerships with cross functional leadership across 10x to collaborate, influence, and drive strategies to provide the best service levels for travel and events while controlling costs.
- Partner closely with the Finance and Procurement organizations to measure and assess T&E performance vs. negotiated KPIs and industry benchmarks.
- Establish positive internal working relationships with all departments and levels of 10x.
- Provide high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification, through supplier performance management across multiple travel and events agencies
- Develop strategy for consistent travel and events measurement and monitoring, providing comprehensive reports; drive for improvements.
- Champion changes that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
- Improve systems to support the program, providing a positive user experience.
- Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of 10x
- Build effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
- Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
- Work closely with security to implement a travel risk program.
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently, listen carefully, and actively seek and value the perspectives of others
- In-depth understanding of the travel, fleet, and events marketplace; deep industry and/or professional relationships with suppliers and agencies
- Strong analytical skills, including a deep understanding of travel and events math/measurement and associated metrics
- Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
- Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies for travel and event services.
- 8+ years of experience in travel operations and sourcing, including international experience.
- In-depth knowledge of of Concur Travel and Expense
- Proficient in MS Office and Google applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Travel may be required up to 20% of the time.
- 5+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
- Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management with ability to tell compelling stories through insights and data.
- Active participation with Travel Industry advisory boards and attendance to annual Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) and Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE)
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.