Channel Sales Executive - Japan
About the role:
As the Channel Sales Executive in Tokyo, Japan you will be responsible for the territory sales plan. Having a strong technical knowledge in Next-Gen Sequencing and/or Cell biology you will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business acumen is required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with key thought leaders in the Next-Gen Sequencing and/or cell biology space.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions
- Demonstrate funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting
- Develop and manage a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the territory
- Team player and ability to build a collaborative and conducive work environment within APAC and Japan team
- Understand the scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to provide suitable solutions
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking using the CRM system and other designated IT tools
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of genetic and spatial analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory
- Utilize product and application knowledge across the genetic and spatial analysis portfolio to successfully conduct selling presentations
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new salespeople as required
- Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- 4-6 years channel sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience
- Extensive knowledge of Next-Gen Sequencing, Single Cell and Spatial Biology
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Fluent English and Japanese language skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 60%
- A Master's or PhD degree is desirable
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.