Buyer, Raw Materials (P-3716)
We are seeking a motivated and collaborative Buyer to join our global Direct Procurement team. This role will provide dedicated procurement support to 10x’s instrument and consumable production needs. This is a unique opportunity to develop expertise across multiple different commodities, manage critical supplier relationships, and be a part of a team that supports the development and production of leading edge products in the life sciences industry.
- Build relationship with key raw material suppliers and act as the primary point of contact for supplier communication for the assigned commodity categories
- Develop and manage supplier partnerships to drive delivery performance, quality, and value
- Collaborate with suppliers and partners to identify ways to increase supply chain resiliency and flexibility
- Define and monitor supplier performance matrix
- Work with suppliers to negotiate terms of Supply Agreements
- Collaborate with Production and Planning team to define inventory levels, supply, and risk mitigation strategies for key commodities
- Build deep understanding on raw materials, and their application to production and finished product lines
- Lead or support RFX projects
- Perform cost analysis to support decisions such as make vs buy, timing of implementation of design change, inventory stocking level etc.
- Manage execution of purchase order, monitor status, and escalate if needed
- Manage the master data for the assigned raw materials and suppliers in the ERP system
- Lead or support regular operational meetings and/or Business Reviews with suppliers
- Identify and drive potential process improvements, service improvements, and ensure purchasing compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of procurement, sourcing, or relevant supply chain or operations experience
- Deep understanding of ERP/MRP system
- Ability to create ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Independent, organized, detail-oriented and a service mentality to internal customers
- Willingness to embrace changes and look for growth
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment under minimal supervision
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Science, Engineering, Business or related field
- Prior experience in Oracle Fusion is desired but not required
- Experience in managing contract manufacturers
- APICS CPIM certification
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.