Senior Sourcing Manager, Instrument (P-3721)
We are seeking Senior Sourcing Manager with a strong background in strategic sourcing and category management for instrument manufacturing to join our growing global Procurement Team. The candidate will be responsible for leading the procurement activities related to new supplier negotiation, evaluation and selection, as well as on-going relationship management. This candidate will work with cross-functional teams and will play a key role in supporting successful launches of upcoming cutting-edge new products at 10x.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with critical tier 1 and sub-tier suppliers for instrument manufacturing. Collaborate closely with suppliers to ensure a reliable and sustainable supply chain.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, and select suppliers for new instrument products. Ensure alignment on supplier selection strategies that prioritize long-term supply chain sustainability, manufacturability, quality excellence and competitive cost.
- Develop supply chain sub-tier visibility by conducting risk assessments and implementing risk mitigation plans. Drive secondary sourcing efforts to minimize potential disruptions and enhance supply chain resilience.
- Conduct costed Bill of Materials (BOM) analysis and should-cost analysis to identify cost-saving opportunities. Lead efforts to drive cost improvements without compromising quality.
- Benchmark the market and monitor technology trends to stay ahead of industry developments. Develop a comprehensive sourcing roadmap that aligns with business objectives and market dynamics.
- Lead contract negotiations with suppliers to ensure favorable terms, pricing, and quality standards that support the organization's goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years of strategic sourcing experience in instrument manufacturing and related commodity categories such as electronics, power supplies, cables, machined parts and optics
- Experience in supporting new instrument launches
- Effective communicator with ability to influence at all levels
- Strong business acumen and comfortable to make effective decisions in ambiguity
- Hands-on ability to perform analysis on large amount of data to drive insights and decisions
- Comprehensive knowledge on contract commercial terms d ability to lead supply agreement negotiations independently
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle shifting priorities and tight timelines
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering is strongly preferred
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.