IT Support Engineer
About the role
This is an onsite role that forms part of a larger global IT Team, focused on customer satisfaction for the end users we support, our employees. Within the role you will be utilizing your extensive knowledge of both Windows and macOS, leveraging your previous experience and existing skills in end-user support. This is an extremely fast-paced environment so you need to be highly organized, possess excellent communication and customer service skills, and enjoy working with end-users daily.
Information technology is a vital and integral part of our success. At 10x, IT not only provides secure, stable, and scalable infrastructure and services for the business, it serves as a catalyst for innovation and productivity.
What you will be doing
- Procure, configure, deploy, and support desktops, laptops, and other end-user devices
- Manage user accounts, security groups, mailing lists, and application access according to SOPs
- Handle service requests, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a thorough, timely and professional manner
- Maintain detailed documentation, change records, and inventory
- Support and maintain audio/visual and VoIP software and devices
- Out of hours support may be required on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS using Mobile Device Management
- Experience in managing user accounts and security groups in Active Directory
- Experience with endpoint protection like Carbon Black and backup software like Druva
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting productivity software like Google Workspace.
- Solid understanding of basic networking and security concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, VPN, and encryption
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to clearly explain IT concepts to both technical and non-technical users
- Experience with supporting VoIP and audio/visual systems
- Willing and able to work in a team and comfortable working independently
- High energy and passion for your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Mobile Device Management: MS InTune, JAMF, MobileIron endpoint management
- Extensive experience in Google Workspace Administration
- Basic knowledge Azure Active Directory Cloud, LDAP, Networking protocols
- Extensive experience in site expansion dealing with build outs for AV and IT
- Experience in ServiceNow
- Experience in BSL1 and BSL2 clean rooms
This can be used for hourly based jobs.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.