Technical Support Scientist (Fixed Term Contract 1 Year)
Technical Support Scientist – Fixed Term Contract 1 Year – Leiden
Provide technical help and support to ensure customer success using 10x Genomics’ products.
About the Role:
As an in-house Support Scientist based in our European offices in Leiden, Netherlands, you will be at the center of innovation that builds and maintains an optimal Customer Experience. As a key member of the Support Team, you will assist in the development and continuous improvement of commercial processes to ensure that 10x Customers are supported beyond their expectations.
What you will be doing:
- Work within the Contact Center to provide direct application support (product information, troubleshooting, complaint handling) to our Customers, Distributors, and Field Applications Team
- Log, track, manage and report on Customer issues using Zendesk and Salesforce databases
- Receive and manage Support enquiries through omni-channel support platform (phone, email, chat, text)
- Work within the Escalation Process to get solutions from partners in R&D, Product Management, Manufacturing, Engineering as needed
- Participate in Support-related projects to develop and maintain databases, report on trends and quality
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify, and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience
- PhD, or equivalent, in, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics
- Outstanding written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Fluent business level English
- Skills and experience with project management, life science tools or genomics technology
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite (Mail, Calendar)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Customer Support experience
- Single Cell experimental experience
- Additional European language skills (French or German is strongly preferred)
- Sample Prep, cell sorting, histology, in-situ or RNA-seq experience
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Exposure to systems such as Salesforce, Zendesk Concur, Confluence, JIRA, Salesforce
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.