Director, Chemical Biology
About the role:
As the Director of Chemical biology at 10X genomics, you will play a crucial role in the research and development of existing and future products. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of bioconjugation, biochemistry and fluorescence microscopy as it applies to the chemistry group. You will have expertise in enzyme engineering and experience with assaying enzymes on surfaces. Reporting to the VP of chemistry, you will manage and mentor a high caliber team of scientist and researchers while continuing to grow the group. In addition, you will manage and lead teams and projects in a matrixed environment and interface with a multidisciplinary group of individuals.
What you will be doing:
- Ability to mentor, retain and recruit top talent
- Manage a high performance group of scientists and researchers
- Manage and lead projects in a matrixed environment
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in all areas of chemical biology
- Leverage vast knowledge in photophysics and fluorescence microscopy to improve performance of existing and future products
- Drive enzyme engineering performance on surfaces
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, or a related field with at least 10 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience with a track record of leading teams and projects to successful endpoints and commercialization
- Experience with bioconjugation of enzymes and oligonucleotides
- Deep experience with dye photo-physics as it relates to assaying biological processes through fluorescence microscopy and improving performance
- Experience in enzyme engineering and characterizing performance with novel substrates
- Expertise in developing biochemical assays on surfaces
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.