Scientist II, Spatial Product Development (P-3862)
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist II to join the New Product Development group to lead sustaining and scale up efforts of our Xenium in-situ products. New Product Development acts as the interface between R&D and Production. The team is involved in all stages of product development from concept to post-launch activities. Candidates must have experience with product development, proven-ability to troubleshoot complex issues, and deep understanding of molecular biology. An ideal candidate will have experience with microscopy and/or spatial assays, experience working with vendors and/or service providers, experience in reagent manufacturing, and development of novel assays to address critical issues in quality control or manufacturing environments .
What you will be doing:
- Lead efforts in testing new materials, tools, and workflows to improve 10x’s state-of-the-art Xenium in-situ products.
- Work with key internal and external partners to troubleshoot any issues that may arise in 10x’s Xenium in-situ product line.
- Design and execute experiments to assess the impact of protocol, reagent, or process changes on 10x’s Xenium in-situ Assays.
- Take initiative in designing, testing, and implementing process improvements and reagent scaling in 10x’s Xenium in-situ product line.
- Perform statistical analyses on key assay and QC metrics.
- Update manufacturing documents and present results.
- BS, MS or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, analytical chemistry, or related fields.
- 10 years (BS), 8 years (MS) or 2 years (PhD) of relevant experience in reagent or assay development and optimization, preferably in the Biotechnology industry
- Ability to design experiments to measure the impact of process improvements and/or formulation changes.
- Experience with a broad variety of molecular biology and analytical techniques including qPCR, nucleic acid isolation, use of plate readers, Bioanalyzers, gel imagers, real-time PCR instruments, etc.
- Experience with in-situ or spatial assays including usage of microscopy and imaging systems and previous work in FFPE and/or Fresh Frozen tissue handling.
- Experience investigating, identifying, documenting, communicating, and resolving quality control issues in a controlled manufacturing environment.
- Experience defining, documenting, communicating, and transferring new manufacturing workflows into controlled manufacturing environments.
- Hands-on experience with the 10X Xenium platform or other in situ technologies.
- Experience with antibodies in the context of tissue staining and/or manufacturing workflows.
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP or R to analyze complex data sets, create DOE experiments, and create data trending reports.
- Experience with bioinformatic analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data from Illumina platforms.
- Previous experience supervising and/or mentoring junior staff.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.