Senior Analyst, Investor Relations & Strategic Finance
About this role:
The Senior Analyst, Investor Relations and Strategic Finance will be a key member of the Investor Relations and Strategic Finance team at 10x, reporting to the Director, Investor Relations and Strategic Finance, to execute a best-in-class investor relations program and support various strategic initiatives for 10x. This position will play an important role in shaping and refining the Company's investor relations strategy, as well as be responsible for supporting the evaluation of a variety of broader strategic initiatives and projects, including evaluation of financing alternatives, M&A, potential partnerships and investments.
Individuals applying for this position must be action driven, strategic thinkers, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They should excel at managing multiple priorities, and comfortably communicate with all levels within the organization.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with the CFO and Director, Investor Relations and Strategic Finance to continually improve and implement 10x's investor relations strategy and facilitate the effective communication of company performance and future growth prospects to the investor community
- Responsible for knowing the company's current strategies, operations and performance in order to quickly and accurately respond to inquiries by the investment community
- Monitor, analyze and interpret financial projections and related models from the investment community in order to identify gaps in understanding between internal company forecast and investor expectations and use that information to adjust messaging to better manage expectations, as well as to inform guidance provided by the company
- Support the crafting of company and IR communications for events such as quarterly earnings, M&A activity, and other financial events
- Prepare investor presentations and briefing documents for earnings reports and investor conferences, including help support management for investor meetings and provide investor and competitive feedback following meetings
- Assist in various other Investor Relations projects that may include performing competitive financial analysis summaries, valuation analyses, analysis and key messages for quarterly earnings releases, and aggregating information from various financial data sources
- Work with Director, Investor Relations and Strategic Finance in producing rigorous financial and analytical decision support to drive strategic initiatives, including:
- Building and maintaining robust valuation models to support analysis of potential acquisition targets with input from key business partners within 10x
- Developing valuation reference materials, including peer benchmarking analysis, precedent and comparable transaction and discount rate analyses
- Other ad hoc financial analysis in support of strategic activities
- Partner with cross-functional 10x teams and develop relationships with internal partners across business development, commercial, marketing, research and development and legal
- Analyze the broader competitive landscape to identify relevant trends and strategic developments, and communicate these to relevant parties
- Minimum 5+ years of investor relations and strategic finance, or related work experience ideally in investment banking, management consulting, equity research, investment analysis or corporate development; experience in the life sciences, genomics, or biopharmaceutical industries or related field preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, or related field is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
- The highest degree of professionalism and courtesy as you will be representing the company to the investor and analyst communities
- Excellent financial analysis and modeling skills with a particular emphasis on traditional corporate finance and valuation analyses
- Excellent skills in preparing executive-ready presentations in PowerPoint
- A positive attitude and self-starter with ability to own projects and work autonomously
- MBA, CFA or a degree in biology, genetics, genomics, or a related field
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.