Vice President, Customer Support
We are seeking a Vice President of Customer Support to create and implement a cohesive support experience as we look to scale our organization through the next stages of growth. This individual will directly lead the Customer Service, Technical Support, and Field Application Scientist (FAS) teams with broad oversight of the organization’s entire cross-functional Service and Support organization, including Instrument Services and Applied Bioinformatics ensuring an exceptional and connected customer experience.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the Customer Service, Technical Support, FAS and work closely with the leaders of the cross functional Service and Support teams (including Instrument Services and Applied Bioinformatics) to achieve customer and operational excellence by delivering exceptional service, spearheading key operational service initiatives, and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide escalation leadership and support institutional learning through strong cross-functional communication and best practice sharing.
- Deliver best in class customer experience across a range of functional responsibilities, including order management, customer training and education, product launches, case management and troubleshooting.
- Measure and prioritize individual and team contributions centered on enabling global resources to deliver excellence in field and remote support.
- Contribute to the achievement of service revenue growth and profitability goals by focusing on market opportunities and productivity metrics.
- Reinforce cross-functional communication, collaboration and thorough documentation by implementing and assessing process adoption and system integrations.
- Collaborate closely with other leaders across the organization, including Sales, Product Management, Quality, Operations and R&D to ensure an effective partnership and unified support strategy.
- Empower senior stakeholders with actionable data from customer feedback, product performance, and customer trends.
- Identify product and process improvements that drive customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the product life cycle.
- Define and monitor key metrics to ensure product performance and supportability.
- Hire and develop world class talent throughout the Service and Support organization
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in the Life science or business related field
- 10+ years of experience in the Life Science Industry, with at least 7 years of Support experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a global team within Support across multiple geographies
- Strong leader with ability to influence at all levels within the organization and lead in a matrixed environment.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and globally 20%-30% of the time
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.