Staff Mechatronics Engineer
About the role:
We are seeking an outstanding Staff Mechatronics Engineer to join the Hardware Engineering group. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Mechatronics, motion control and vibration isolation for life sciences equipment. Demonstrated experience with SolidWorks and PDM software is required. Previous experience in producing designs that include instrument motion control, mechatronics and vibration isolation is a must.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the design, development, test, and release of mechatronics designs for life science instrumentation.
- Producing requirements, sourcing, configuring, testing, and validating motion solutions for various motion control projects from concepts to production in a fast-paced environment.
- Programming multi-axis motion controllers for optomechanical and robotic operations that are tightly synchronized with the operation of illumination, image acquisition, and fluidics subsystems.
- - Verifying mechanical and electrical specifications of various motion stages by sourcing or building necessary fixtures and configuring or writing necessary software to acquire data.
- Managing motion solution vendors for catalog and custom designed products ensuring optimal solution performance, cost, and development time.
To be successful, you will need:
- Master’s degree in Robotics or Mechatonics Engineering or other relevant field, with 8+ years of experience in life science instrumentation, and/or automation/robotics mechanical design.
- Experience programming motion controllers for single- and multi-axis synchronous motion trajectories.
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- 3+ years of programming in Java, C++, Python or related language experience
- Proven analytical skills including dynamic modeling analyses (simulations) using FEA applications such as COMSOL, etc.
- Familiarity with vibration measurement, test methodologies, and data analysis
- Proven track record of taking new products from concept through design and into manufacturing.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience producing mechatronic design documentation, in support of releasing new products into manufacturing.
- Understanding of GD&T and statistical tolerance analysis
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.