Regional Inside Sales Manager
Regional Inside Sales Manager
The Inside Sales Manager is accountable for achieving and exceeding business objectives and managing their region and regional team. Deliverables for business objectives include developing and deploying execution strategies; recruiting, hiring, training, managing and developing Inside Sales staff; collaborating with field sales and other commercial managers in the successful execution of cross-departmental projects; and taking the lead on identified projects or programs for Inside Sales from conception to completion.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the direction, support and motivation of the Regional Inside Sales team to meet or exceed sales goals as defined by the annual plan/budget
- Ensure a high level of collaboration with other departments to ensure coordination of activities and alignment of common goals.
- Provide regular reports on status of specific sales, the market and competitor activities.
- Manage the customer sales process for specific territory, product lines and/or accounts via engaged selling activities.
- Implement the global strategy taking into consideration regional nuances to obtain new customers and grow existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Implement a weekly forecast to articulate current performance, and create systematic plans to accelerate or close the gap to goal
- Set and cascade the global goals and desired outcomes with the team, collaborating regionally to align strategies, address customer needs and optimize processes
- Identify and report on new and existing regional business opportunities in target markets, build relationship with key customers and align resources appropriately
- Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics to identify areas for improvement, escalating as appropriate
- Support the forecasting process (rolling forecast and quarterly forecasts) for the sales organization
- Support and drive the usage and maintenance of SFDC; analyze customer activity and create strategies for future sales.
- Responsible for ensuring the regional team becomes and remains properly trained and coached on sales, applications and product related issues
- Prepare regional sales forecasts and budgets, and report on sales activities to senior management
- Foster a high-performance culture that promotes teamwork, accountability, and continuous improvement
- Hold continuous performance discussions and provide real-time, candid, and constructive feedback and coaching to enhance individual and team performance
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Life Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales experience
- 1+ years of Sales leadership and people management experience, with a proven track record of leading teams that meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Confidence in making decisions and recommendations using a data-driven mindset, and leveraging change management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across functions, departments and regions
- Proactive and results-oriented, with a strong focus on delivering exceptional customer experience
- Ability to recognize and manage potential problem areas, identify root causes and resolve them with sound judgment and integrity.
- Strong presentation, documentation, influencing, and interpersonal skills on both technical and non-technical topics.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, target-driven environment
- Global leadership experience a plus
- Medical or biotech sales management experience in a related company or industry is a plus
- 2+ years of sales management experience
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.