Staff Product Manager, Single Cell
We are seeking a Staff Product Manager to expand our Single Cell portfolio. This is an exciting position with responsibilities across the product development pipeline. The candidate will have deep understanding of customer needs and use the knowledge to build business cases, product positioning, and portfolio fit for single cell products or extensions thereof. In this role you will be interfacing with multiple stakeholders across the organization including R&D, product development, commercial teams, and other cross functional teams to drive the product strategy and execute.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct VOC activities to develop assay specifications from concept phase of development through launch and sustaining
- Synthesize a coherent product roadmap based on customer input, business goals, and R&D competencies.
- Responsible for competitive strategy/pricing strategy to achieve market share objectives
- Assess technology updates and competitive landscape across immune profiling and gene expression applications
- Be the point of contact for all the current market developments in the field of immune profiling, immunotherapy, antibody discovery, immune regulation etc.,
- Routinely and accurately forecast product demand globally and regionally
- Reports to senior management on product performance and business needs
- Serve as primary customer advocate during single cell product development; drives tradeoff decisions
- PhD/MS degree in a relevant scientific field (immunology, immuno-oncology, microbiology) or significant lab experience in immunoassay development, immune profiling, VDJ receptor sequencing etc.
- 6+ years of industry experience desired.
- Extensive domain knowledge in life sciences, biotech, and pharma
- Domain knowledge in NGS & single cell sequencing is preferred
- Experience creating financial models and business cases, strong Excel skills
- Experience conducting market research and developing detailed product requirements
- Understanding of market trends, market segmentation, customer needs, technologies, and competitor products
- Must be collaborative and a team player who knows how to leverage other functions of the organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing products across multiple product portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to develop long-term product strategies and conceptualize individual products within large portfolio
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.