As the Director of Chemistry at 10X Genomics, you will play a pivotal role in the research and development of existing and future products. You will be responsible for all aspects of chemical synthesis, surface chemistry, and physical chemistry. Reporting to the VP of chemistry, you will manage and mentor a high caliber team of scientists and researchers. Additionally, you will grow the team through recruiting extremely talented individuals. You will interface with multidisciplinary scientists and engineers in a matrixed environment.
- PhD in organic chemistry, physical chemistry, or a related field with at least 10 years of industry experience
- At least 5 years of experience in managing chemistry groups and leading team projects
- Demonstration of successful project endpoints including examples of commercialized products
- Deep experience and understanding of nucleoside, nucleotide and nucleic acid chemistry
- Extensive experience in the design and development of organic dyes with improved photochemical and bio-compatible properties
- Deep knowledge of dye-photophysics as it relates to fluorescence microscopy and monitoring biological processes
- Knowledge of surface chemistry and surface functionalization methods and techniques
- Knowledge of DNA synthesis methodologies
- A working knowledge of molecular biology/protocols, preferably utilizing next-gen sequencing
- Ability to be creative and think outside of the box
- Manage a group of high performing, exceptional chemists both junior and senior
- Ability to mentor, retain and recruit top talent
- Manage and lead projects relevant to chemistry in a matrixed environment
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in all areas related to chemistry
- Maintain strong ties with process scientists and engineers to ensure the seamless tech transfer of R&D scale formulations and procedures to those suitable for mass production
- Manage various CROs and contractors where appropriate
- Contribute to planning and monitoring of department and project specific budgets and staffing plants
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.