Director, New Product Transfer
As the Director of New Product Transfer, you will have the opportunity to shape how new reagents and instruments are launched within the Global Commercial Organization. Along with a team of talented scientists, you will streamline the process of bringing new products from development to commercialization, and ensure that they are launched on time with an optimal customer experience.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of New product Transfer, Technical Training and Instrument Services, aligns closely with the Regional Commercial VPs and works closely with manufacturing, research and development, marketing, and planning to advance the customer experience. This position will have overall responsibility for hiring, salary, promotion, focal review, and reporting with input from the regional stakeholders.
About the Role:
- Be the voice of customer support and service staff and by extension, the customer, in product development core teams and associated sub teams
- Lead extended service and support teams to deliver on the needs of internal and external customers of new products such that they can adopt the product quickly. This includes but is not limited to user documentation and training material development coordination
- Participate in and contribute to the development and definition of product design inputs and requirements, service and support plans and related Commercial strategies and processes
- Identify, develop and implement new strategies within the New Product team as well as across the Commercial Operations organization that drive business success and efficiencies
- Facilitate pre-release product testing such as alpha, beta or early technology access
- Establish post launch monitoring strategies, metrics and reporting cadence
- Actively work with commercial counterparts to ensure consistency in pre and post sales documentation and messaging
- Ensure the field and technical service staff are equipped and ready to support customers at product launch
- Establish appropriate escalation mechanisms and complaint handling procedures
- Plan sustaining support activities and transitions in collaboration with internal partners across R&D, Operations and Commercial organizations
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage a team of high-performing, exceptional scientists and engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years of total experience and 5 years in the job function
- Managing a team for 5+ years.
- Prior experience in life sciences and being part of at least 1 core team is a must, ideally as support lead.
- Experience with the Product development Process (PDP) and associated features, functions and phases
- Experience in or with customer-facing Support teams; understanding their needs and expectations in support of customers
- Excellent communication and program/project management skills are required.
- MBA or other masters/advanced degree with relevant experience.
- Customer facing experience highly preferred (eg. FAS or Tech Support)
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.