Director of PMO, Productivity Engineering
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a strategic leader, a Director of PMO, Productivity Engineering (PE). This role is pivotal driving the Applications Program Management Office across global technology and business disciplines. Accountable for successful delivery of complex programs of all sizes through phases of the Project Management Lifecycle. In addition to a transparent prioritization process, role requires establishing a standardized intake adherence, core team planning, alignment on deliverables and timelines, execution, risk mitigation, best practice UAT, change management, and formal closure of projects post sustainability period. Role will support technical and business leadership with a critical seat at the table; facilitating, organizing, coordinating, and driving technology designs and implementation within the program swim lanes.
Accountable for ensuring global internal and external technical resources successful execute to their deliverables and timelines. Expectation is mentoring and implementing best practices, excellent listening, collaboration, partnership, providing governance, and continuous improvement in project management processes. The ideal candidate will be able to concisely communicate complex ideas. The role is to ensure functional deliverables are easily understood and capable of being part of standard work at an execution level. This role is based out of our headquarters in Pleasanton, CA.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a cross-function team in 10X, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement aligned to strategic objectives.
- Lead complex technical, tactical and strategic programs as a visible and respected influencer across the enterprise. Steer user experience to understanding and adoption.
- Establish and enforce project management methodologies, standards, and governance processes to ensure consistency and quality in project delivery.
- Oversee technical project portfolio, including transparency, prioritization, resource allocation, risk mgmt, product development and regulatory compliance.
- Manage and optimize the allocation of resources (human and financial) across projects to maximize efficiency and achieve project objectives, while ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the performance and health of projects before and after go live. Proactively identify and mitigate risk with core team in compliance timeline, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to identify and mitigate project risks, ensuring successful project outcomes in the highly regulated medical device industry.
- Establish effective communication channels with stakeholders, providing regular updates on project progress, risk mitigation, and help needed.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage expectations of stakeholders, team members, management and external partners while focused on empathy.
- Proven experience leveraging both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 12 years’ experience in leading complex simultaneous large programs and project teams.
- Experience with ERP implementations or upgrades; initiating, planning, execution, risk mitigation, and deployment of functional resources from core team.
- Experience working with external systems integration partners, global resources, and cross functional technical disciplines.
- Expert level communications agent with proven, seasoned expertise in managing efforts across silos as well as upwards to C-level members of the company.
- Proven experienced with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs (i.e. CRM, ERP, BI, HCM, Cloud based Infrastructure, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Technical PMO leadership.
- PMP certification and/or SCRUM Master is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods (Scheduling, Resourcing, Cost Management, Scoping, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Lean six-sigma or kaizen experience is highly desirable.
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.