Accounting Manager - GL
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Senior Accountant to assist in general ledger accounting activities and manage the accounting of our general ledger accounts including fixed assets. The ideal candidate will have a strong general accounting background having worked in both public accounting and private industry. Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Accounting, this individual will be a business partner to our financial planning & analysis, engineering, facility, and operations teams, will support the accounting close process and interface with auditors for the annual and interim audits. Position is on site in Pleasanton, CA.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing activities including journal entries and reconciliations
- Explain monthly balance sheet fluctuations to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policies and procedures
- Take ownership of balance sheet accounts primarily in Fixed Assets and Leases, and also including other assets and liabilities accounts as assigned
- Work with internal and external auditors and provide necessary support for annual and interim audits
- Ensure SOX control procedures are executed; work paper documentation are SOX compliant
- Collaborate with FP&A, Tax, Facility, and other cross-functional teams to gather data, and support business needs
- Proactively identify issues, drive continuous improvement, optimize, and automate processes/systems while maintaining financial statement accuracy
- Provide support for special projects, initiatives, and analyses
To Be Successful You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting/Finance, or Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
- 3-5 years of experience with at least 2 years in public audit
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Experience working in ERP systems. Experience in Oracle is a strong plus
- Proficiency in MS Office products - intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff
- Ability to work independently
- Manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with extreme attention to detail
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.