Sr. Analyst II, Finance & Business Operations
About the Role:
At 10X Genomics, everything we do is driven by our mission: To accelerate the mastery of biology to advance human health.
Our Finance & Business Operations function is a cross-disciplinary team that supports this mission through actionable data-driven recommendations and improved operational efficiency of core business processes and systems.
We are committed to hiring the world's best and brightest people with knowledge and skill sets at the intersection of business, analytics, data science, and data engineering.
Together with the manager, this role will partner with leaders across Finance, Operations, and Engineering teams to build automated financial models, reports and tools and conduct rigorous analysis of large, complex data sets to provide strategic insights and recommendations to leaders at all levels. Initial responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Realize operational efficiency improvements across the company by partnering with the CFO and other members of the finance team to:
- Improve working capital management with treasury cash flow forecasting
- Support financial planning through commercial revenue forecast improvements
- Support earnings preparation with Investor Relations metrics
- Improve and maintain key financial metrics for executing Annual Operating Plan (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Drive agility and efficiency of finance organization through training and mentorship of desktop automation tools and data analysis
- Increase actionable insights and improve decision-making across the company by partnering with the Engineering team to:
- Serve as a finance lead for the company-wide data analytics initiative
- Lead internal finance efforts to determine master data requirements and work with partners to align across functions and systems to enable more efficient and robust financial reporting
- Improve underlying processes and data structures for Finance systems
- BS/MS/PhD in STEM or quantitative field (CS, Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research) and/or BS/MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Analytics (preferred both)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a related role at a multinational company
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with commercial and emerging databases, technologies, and languages
- Experience with advanced Excel BI functionality and languages (Power Query (M), PowerPivot (DAX))
- Experience with effective data visualization and reporting using enterprise tools like Tableau and open-source Python libraries like Plotly and Bokeh
- Applied statistics experience (regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, supervised and unsupervised methods)
- Proficiency in Python and experience with data analysis and ML libraries and frameworks
- Deep understanding of architecture and process of data moving through first and third-party enterprise systems including the conceptual/logical/physical data models, data pipelines, data warehouse, and semantic layer
- Experience as a key business and technical stakeholder in the full development lifecycle of internal enterprise software, from concept to deployment, including agile sprint development process, product management, deployment, and ongoing release cycles.
- Proven ability to turn data analysis into actionable business insights and recommendations while balancing the requirements of statistical rigor/accuracy with business concerns (eg. speed and interpretability)
- Excellent problem-framing, problem solving and project management skills in an unstructured environment and ability to change direction quickly.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to present to senior management and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with git and version control workflows
- Experience with Python application development frameworks (Flask , Django) and data app frameworks (Streamlit)
- Knowledge of various data communication protocols (REST API)
- Experience with public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding of businesses financials and ability to articulate work in terms of contribution to financials and mission
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.