Regional Sales Manager - Europe (EMEA) Pharma
As the Regional Sales Manager, Pharma, you will be leading a team of Pharma Sales Executives, selling into pharma, biotech and CRO/service providers. With a large focus on in-field activity next to the team, coaching and leading them to achieve commercial goals.
You’ll work closely with your team to maintain and expand relationships with strategically important large customers and ensure cross functional resources are deployed effectively next to the sales team through close coordination with other functions. You will also lead the customer account planning process, forecasting and CRM usage, and be responsible for effective commercial execution of the company pharma segment goals in the region. Ideally you will live in the territory and have strong relationships within our current market. Must be open to heavy travel (50-80%).
What you will be doing:
- Achieve sales growth and objectives within the assigned district across the entire 10x portfolio through effective leadership and coaching of the pharma sales team.
- Establish relationship with key customers in each account to ensure the company is a priority vendor and a recognized leader for single cell and spatial biology solutions.
Demonstrate leadership and decision making in adjusting strategy to account for local factors or market shifts
- Build and execute territory planning that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period for each pharma sales executive
- Work collaboratively with Product Marketing, Technical Field Sales, Field Application Scientists and Global pharma team to drive opportunities and awareness in assigned accounts.
- Ensure account plans and mapping is executed to document key personnel.
- Establish global alignment at multi-location accounts by working collaboratively with counterparts in US and APAC.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Manage team and lead by example to keep the CRM system up to date and qualify leads from Marketing.
- Navigate orders through the customer purchasing process and provide accurate sales forecasts
- Previous team management experience with a proven track record of meeting, or exceeding, targets
- B.S. or equivalent, in life science, chemistry
- Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line into pharma/biotech customers
- Multi-year senior level sales experience in NGS, or Diagnostics
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to accept heavy travel
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM database
- Experience managing a sales team in life science or diagnostics market
- Ability to articulate well and think quick on your feet
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Results orientated, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.