About the Role:
As the Tenders Specialist you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the process of responding to tenders and proposals. You’ll collaborate with your colleagues across various internal functions to draft high-quality responses, conduct market research, and manage deadlines whilst maintaining clear communication to stakeholders.
To be successful you’ll need to have good time management and prioritisation skills and thrive within a fast-paced environment. You will need demonstrable knowledge of commercial business processes in complex selling environments (e.g. Quote and Proposal Management, and Contract Management), ideally in the life sciences industry. It would be advantageous if have excellent writing and organisational skills.
What you will be doing:
- Identify and research potential RFPs and tender opportunities in the life sciences sector through various sources, both domestically and internationally
- Coordinate with internal teams such as legal, finance, sales, and subject matter experts to gather necessary information for tender and proposal responses
- Draft and develop persuasive and compelling responses to RFPs and tenders, adhering to provided guidelines and specifications
- Collaborate with translators to ensure accurate translation of documents from languages other than English, maintaining clarity and coherence
- Manage a complex docket of tender and proposal deadlines, prioritizing tasks and ensuring timely submission of responses
- Maintain a schedule of upcoming tenders and proposals, tracking progress and communicating with stakeholders regarding deadlines, milestones, and outcomes
- Liaise with purchasing departments, negotiating terms and conditions, pricing, and contractual requirements in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Conduct market research to understand customer needs, competitive landscape, and industry trends to enhance the quality and effectiveness of responses
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, regulatory requirements, and best practices related to tendering and proposal management
- Demonstrable experience managing tender and proposal processes preferably at a life science or biotechnology company
- Scientific knowledge / understanding of life sciences terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail and ability to articulate complex information clearly
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as life sciences, business, or a related discipline
- Familiarity with international procurement processes, regulations, and standards is highly desirable
- Proficient in conducting market research to identify opportunities and gather relevant information
- Fluency in additional languages besides English (ideally French or German), particularly in translating technical documents, is an advantage
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.