Senior Manager, Global Benefits
In this role you will be responsible for administering a full suite of health and welfare benefits for 10x employees located in the United States and around the world. 10x’s domestic U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, and disability insurances, along with a retirement plan, and a range of leave programs that are utilized by employees across the United States. You will also manage a suite of benefit offerings for employees located in multiple countries outside of the U.S, including medical, pension and life and disability insurances. .
The Sr. Manager/Associate Director Global Benefits oversees U.S.-based benefits team and the administration of 10x’s Global. health, welfare and retirement programs. The role is accountable for ensuring the execution of day-to-day benefit management & wellness activities for all 10xers around the world. You will serve as a subject matter expert on a wide range of benefits topics, ensuring that the benefits team provides accurate and timely information to staff, while also ensuring 10x’s benefit programs remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations, wherever in the world we employ people. You will be responsible for fostering a climate of trust with employees at all levels of the organization. Working across teams to build partnerships within the organization and with external service providers, leveraging the team’s knowledge to exceed internal and external stakeholders’ expectations.
- Partners with HR Leadership to develop the strategic direction of the benefits and wellness program design based on analyzing the effectiveness of current benefit offerings and makes recommendations for changes that will achieve ROI.
- Assesses the benefits market to identify trends and best practices. Evaluate and recommend changes to carriers, plan design, and costing as needed.
- Develops and maintains productive vendor and consultant relationships, to ensure adherence to contracts, excellent levels of service and satisfactory resolution to issues.
- Analyzes and evaluates external provider relationships and plans renewals for quality, cost-effectiveness, improved services and makes recommendations to HR leadership that will enhance employee experience and the organization's competitiveness.
- Ensures wellness programs are innovative, comprehensive, and integrated with the benefits program.
- Assists with the development of the benefits strategic plan, operationalizes annual goals, assists with development and review of work plans, plans activities and ensures implementation in accordance with timeline.
- Leads the annual open enrollment process including communications, presentations, on budget.
- Oversees record keeping, ensuring that benefit files are maintained in a systematic, confidential, and compliant format.
- Leads planning and delivery of in-person and virtual benefit and wellness activities and events (benefit fairs, flu shot etc.) This includes identifying and arranging vendors, activities, staffing, communication, registration, and follow-up.
- Partners with HR Leadership to develop communication and education strategies that will create and enhance awareness and understanding among employees of benefit offerings and meet regulatory requirements.
- Conducts annual review and dissemination of benefit materials including, summaries, overviews, guides, notices, and forms.
- Reviews plan documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manages company policies related to benefits and recommends edits as needed.
- Manages the relationship with third-party employee advocacy partners to ensure smooth functionality of programs.
- Serves as the escalation point for benefit inquiries, providing high quality, quick, equitable, and courteous resolutions.
- Proactively monitors all legal and regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., reporting, disclosure, procedures, audits) for benefits and well-being programs at the global, federal, state, and local levels.
- Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws.
- Accurately and timely executes compliance requirements associated with regulations such as ERISA, ADA, FMLA, ACA, HIPAA, etc.in the US and other countries.
- Identifies and addresses opportunities to ensure internal controls are in place, streamlines processes, increases efficiencies, and utilizes technology.
Qualifications & Skills Minimum Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience administering self-funded health and welfare insurance plans.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations, and other compliance requirements for U.S. health and welfare benefits, including ERISA, ADA, FMLA, ACA, HIPPA, etc.
- Prior experience managing health & welfare benefits for a variety of locations in EMEA and APAC.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external clients, and tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization and external clients from diverse backgrounds, including members of company management, external auditors, benefit vendors, and insurance brokers.
- M&A Experience in opening offices in international locations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prior supervisory experience, with a demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams, create inclusive work environments, and work effectively within a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinker with excellent judgment.
- Self-directed with ability to prioritize multiple tasks/competing deadlines simultaneously and deliver results.
- Able and willing to adjust work schedule, if needed, to support teams located in different time zones/countries.
Preferred, but not required:
- Relevant HR professional certification such as PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP.
- Relevant benefits management certification such as Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS).
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.