Senior Software Engineer, AI/ML Platform & Applications
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer for our AI/ML platform, you will play a key role in shaping the future of our AI-enabled operations, services and products. Your work will be at the forefront of designing, building, and operating infrastructure, platform, and applications for machine learning, AI, and large language models (LLM). This role will research and develop full-stack software solutions for a variety of use cases, spanning data mining for business intelligence, running ML models for financial decisions, automating customer support and marketing communications, and enhancing employee productivity.
We’re looking for a software engineer who can quickly understand diverse business needs, and transform them into simple and elegant software solutions that are inherently robust & scalable.
What You Will Be Doing
- Developing and maintaining the infrastructure for our AI/ML platform, ensuring its scalability and reliability for diverse applications.
- Building and integrating generative AI and LLM-powered applications tailored to specific business needs, such as internal operations, business intelligence, and more.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for leveraging generative AI, ML, and automation in their workflows and processes.
- Working closely with our data team to build and integrate data pipelines with our AI/ML platform and applications.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in the field, and identifying how these can be applied to solve business challenges.
- Mentoring and guiding other teams and your peers in leveraging these emerging technologies effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience with 5 years of software development experience.
- Experience with general purpose programming languages, such as Python, Go, or other similar languages.
- Knowledge of generative AI technologies (specifically LLMs).
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Understanding of software development principles and experience across the stack (infrastructure, platform, back-end, web front-end).
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in research and development.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with data engineering (ETL pipelines, SQL, etc).
- Familiarity with AI/ML libraries and frameworks.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and practices, such as CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Experience in developing applications and internal tools for business workflows, such as marketing automation, business intelligence, or similar areas.
- Strong project management skills
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.