Program Manager, Biology
About The Role
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our Program Management group. This is a small and effective group of program managers who help our teams work quickly and effectively to solve tough challenges. You will work on program teams with biologists, computational biologists, chemists, and engineers who are developing truly new products. Our products have allowed researchers to study biology at unprecedented resolution and scale, yielding insights in diverse fields such as cancer biology, immunology, neuroscience, and developmental biology.
As a 10x program manager, you will be on high-energy, cross-functional teams that are developing important new products including assay panels / biological content for RNA transcripts and proteins. You will be the person who brings to the teams a strong background in both R&D project management and product development. You will partner closely with the technical and marketing leads to make sure that priorities, risks, resources, and schedule are established, managed, and adjusted when necessary. You will use your solid technical background and your prioritization skills to guide team conversations about the scope of work and potential paths. Your strong communication skills will help keep everyone on the same page and make sure everyone is heard. Of course, as a program manager by nature, your excellent organizational skills will assure that nothing falls through the cracks or is missed.
You will also be the program team member responsible for applying the 10x product development process to meet the needs of the program. As part of the program management group, you have a home-base of dedicated, hardworking and fun colleagues that you can learn from and also bring new ideas to.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serve as program manager on 10x product development teams, planning and tracking scope, schedule, and performance
- With the core team leads identify and mitigate program risk
- Provide program management and leadership for programs developing reagent kits that include targeted panels both predefined and custom content
- Identify and resolve issues with interconnected deadlines, priorities, and resourcing
- With the other program managers, provide ideas for continuous improvement and best practice in the Product Development Process, communication, coordination and leadership
- Note that this is not an IT or software position
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, biological engineering, analytical chemistry, or related fields
- Proven track record (5+ years) relevant biotechnology industry experience in product or process development, including NGS experience
- Demonstrated experience (2+ years) working on assay development/ targeted panels, including predefined and custom content
- Demonstrated experience (4+ years) as a program manager (formal project management training is advantageous)
- Significant contributions in all stages of product development (concept to post-launch) of successful customer-facing products
- Solid understanding of project planning, scheduling, and tracking
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Concrete cases of working with a diversity of stakeholders to pull together a shared plan
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Strong communication skills: speaking, writing, listening, and interacting
Additional Desirable Skills To Have
- Advanced degree in molecular biology or a closely related field
- Previous work with custom reagent vendors and setting up successful, long standing OEM relationships
- Experience setting up business processes for custom panels / content
- Experience with 10x’s Single-Cell or Spatial products
Below is the base pay range for this full time position. The actual base pay will depend on several factors unique to each candidate, including one’s skills, qualifications, and experience. At 10x, base pay is also just one component of the Company’s total compensation package. This role is also eligible for 10x’s equity grants, its comprehensive health and retirement benefit programs, and its annual bonus program or sales incentive program. Your 10x recruiter can share more about the Company’s total compensation package during the hiring process.
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.