Lead Software Engineer - Infra
It’s no surprise that 6sense is named a top workplace year after year — we have industry-leading technology developed and taken to market by a world-class team. Our CEO Jason Zintak was recognized as the #1 CEO in the small & medium business category by Glassdoor’s 2021 Top CEO Employees Choice Awards.
6sense has also won several accolades that demonstrate its reputation as an employer of choice including the Glassdoor Best Place to Work (2022), TrustRadius Tech Cares (2021) and Inc. Best Workplaces (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019).
6sense reinvents the way organizations create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. The 6sense Revenue AI captures anonymous buying signals, predicts the right accounts to target at the ideal time, and recommends the channels and messages to boost revenue performance. Removing guesswork, friction and wasted sales effort, 6sense empowers sales, marketing, and customer success teams to signiﬁcantly improve pipeline quality, accelerate sales velocity, increase conversion rates, and grow revenue predictably.
Lead Software Engineers (Infrastructure) at 6sense are true hybrid developers and operations engineers. They are responsible for ensuring our services and infrastructure are fast, stable, and scalable. They build out any services and tooling we need that are not readily available via third-party packages or services. They provide guidance on best practices to the overall Software Engineering team.
Operational tasks such as infrastructure, build/release, CI/CD, database administration, and systems administration also fall within their realm of responsibilities.
- Develop and deploy services to improve the availability, ease of use/management, and visibility of 6sense systems
- Architecting, building, and scaling out our services and infrastructure
- Learning and adopting technologies that may aide in solving our challenges
- Own our systems like our Hadoop and Presto clusters, front/back-end services, build configurations, infrastructure components, deployment of services into our infrastructure, and everything in between
- Write/review/debug production code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug live production problems
- Contributing back to open-source projects if we need to add or patch functionality
- Support the overall Software Engineering team to resolve any issues they encounter
- Lead and mentor both junior and senior engineers.
- Driving and owning end-to-end delivery of projects. Provide review and guidance on project design.
- Navigate vague problems and ambiguity with occasional guidance.
- 8+ years in a Software Engineering role or equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix system administration and networking fundamentals
- Strong skills in reading code as well as writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Good knowledge of Python and Java
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable services and/or service-oriented architecture
- Experience with high-availability
- Experience with modern configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and idempotency
- Exposure to modern build systems such as Bazel, Buck, or Pants
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Presto) including deployment, scaling, and maintenance
- Knowledge of standard security practices
- 3+ years of experience working with Kubernetes, Docker
Every person in every role at 6sense owns a part of deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. You’ll join a team where curiosity is prized, no one’s satisﬁed with the status quo, and everyone’s all-in on the collective good.6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure successby the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
Feel part of something
You’ll be part of building tomorrow’s tech, revolutionizing how marketing and sales teams create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. And you’ll be seen and appreciated by co-workers who challenge you, cheer you on, and always have your back.
At 6sense, you’ll experience the passion from customers and colleagues alike for our market-leading vision, and you're entrusted with applying your unique talents to help bring that vision to life.
Build a career
As part of a company on a rocketship trajectory, there’s no way around it: You’re going to experience unparalleled career growth. With colleagues as humble and hungry as you are, and a leadership philosophy grounded in trust, transparency, and empowerment, every day is a chance to improve on the one before.
Enjoy access to our Udemy Training Library with 5,000+ courses, give and get recognition from your coworkers, and spend time with our executive team every two weeks in our All Hands gathering to connect, learn and ask leaders about whatever is on your mind.
Enjoy work, and your life
This is a place where you’ll do your best work and inspire others to do theirs — where you’re guaranteed to make real connections, for life, along the way.
We want to help you prioritize health and wellness, today and tomorrow. Take advantage of family medical coverage; a monthly stipend to support your physical, mental, and ﬁnancial wellness; generous paid parental leave beneﬁts; Plus, we have an open time-off policy, so you can take the time you need.
Set for success
A vision as big as ours only comes to life when we’re all winning together.
We’ll make sure you have the equipment you need to work at home or in one of our oﬃces. And have the right snacks, pens or lighting with our work-from-home expense reimbursement allowance. We also partner with WeWork to make sure that if your choice is a hybrid of home and oﬃce, we have you covered in the locations they’re offered.
That’s the commitment we make to every one of our employees. If this sounds like a place where you'll thrive as you take your success to the next level, let’s chat!
Something looks off?