It’s no surprise that 6sense is named a top workplace year after year — we have industry-leading technology developed and taken to market by a world-class team. Our CEO Jason Zintak was recognized as the #1 CEO in the small & medium business category by Glassdoor’s 2021 Top CEO Employees Choice Awards.
6sense has also won several accolades that demonstrate its reputation as an employer of choice including the Glassdoor Best Place to Work (2022), TrustRadius Tech Cares (2021) and Inc. Best Workplaces (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019).
6sense reinvents the way organizations create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. The 6sense Revenue AI captures anonymous buying signals, predicts the right accounts to target at the ideal time, and recommends the channels and messages to boost revenue performance. Removing guesswork, friction and wasted sales effort, 6sense empowers sales, marketing, and customer success teams to signiﬁcantly improve pipeline quality, accelerate sales velocity, increase conversion rates, and grow revenue predictably.
As Commercial Counsel at 6sense, you will be an integral part of the legal team, in our fast-paced and high-growth organization with terrific customers and a creative, dedicated, fun and talented team. We are looking for a sharp-minded, enthusiastic, results-oriented and resourceful individual who wants to be part of a close and collaborative legal and compliance team in a dynamic, SaaS-based marketing and analytics company.
- Assist with customer agreements, working closely with the sales team (at all levels) and our customer base as we grow our pipeline.
- Negotiate NDAs, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, partnership agreements, MSAs, DPAs and other related contracts, and provide strategic advice on behalf of the company.
- Possess a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise advice and creative solutions on timelines to meet business needs
- Potentially support security and privacy team on legal compliance with existing and emerging federal, state, and international privacy laws
- Participating in relevant organizations to maintain up-to-date knowledge in key areas of interest to the company.
- Maintain and update company legal templates and facilitate their consistent use and help coordinate streamlined approaches to legal department management.
- Depending on background and legal department needs, advise on corporate, human resource, marketing, leasing, and other issues as they arise.
Your Experience And Skills Required
- 2-4 years of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house position relevant to drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on commercial transactions including software as a service inbound/outbound licensing agreements.
- Understanding of commercial and contract law fundamentals, including risk shifting, intellectual property ownership, and fundamentals of licensing.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission to and active status in at least one state bar (and eligible to register for California or an applicable State Bar’s in-house counsel program)
- Team player willing to pitch in when/where needed
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-starter; purpose-driven; willingness to take ownership for a project and drive it to completion
- Strong writing, drafting and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Prior experience with privacy and data protection regulations and negotiating DPAs and privacy addendums is a plus
Base Salary Range: $101,250 to $150,000. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the base salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to work location and experience. The base salary is one component of 6sense’s total compensation package for this position. Other compensation may include a bonus program or commission plan, and stock options if approved by 6sense’s board. In addition, 6sense provides a variety of benefits, including generous health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, self-care days, and paid time off (PTO). #Li-remote
Every person in every role at 6sense owns a part of deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. You’ll join a team where curiosity is prized, no one’s satisﬁed with the status quo, and everyone’s all-in on the collective good.6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure successby the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
Feel part of something
You’ll be part of building tomorrow’s tech, revolutionizing how marketing and sales teams create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. And you’ll be seen and appreciated by co-workers who challenge you, cheer you on, and always have your back.
At 6sense, you’ll experience the passion from customers and colleagues alike for our market-leading vision, and you're entrusted with applying your unique talents to help bring that vision to life.
Build a career
As part of a company on a rocketship trajectory, there’s no way around it: You’re going to experience unparalleled career growth. With colleagues as humble and hungry as you are, and a leadership philosophy grounded in trust, transparency, and empowerment, every day is a chance to improve on the one before.
Enjoy access to our Udemy Training Library with 5,000+ courses, give and get recognition from your coworkers, and spend time with our executive team every two weeks in our All Hands gathering to connect, learn and ask leaders about whatever is on your mind.
Enjoy work, and your life
This is a place where you’ll do your best work and inspire others to do theirs — where you’re guaranteed to make real connections, for life, along the way.
We want to help you prioritize health and wellness, today and tomorrow. Take advantage of family medical coverage; a monthly stipend to support your physical, mental, and ﬁnancial wellness; generous paid parental leave beneﬁts; Plus, we have an open time-off policy, so you can take the time you need.
Set for success
A vision as big as ours only comes to life when we’re all winning together.
We’ll make sure you have the equipment you need to work at home or in one of our oﬃces. And have the right snacks, pens or lighting with our work-from-home expense reimbursement allowance. We also partner with WeWork to make sure that if your choice is a hybrid of home and oﬃce, we have you covered in the locations they’re offered.
That’s the commitment we make to every one of our employees. If this sounds like a place where you'll thrive as you take your success to the next level, let’s chat!
Something looks off?