Staff Software Engineer, Data
6sense is on a mission to revolutionize how B2B organizations create revenue by predicting customers most likely to buy and recommending the best course of action to engage anonymous buying teams. 6sense Revenue AI is the only sales and marketing platform to unlock the ability to create, manage and convert high-quality pipeline to revenue.
People are the heart and soul of 6sense. We serve with passion and purpose. We live by our Being 6sense values of Accountability, Growth Mindset, Integrity, Fun and One Team. Every 6sensor plays a part in deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. 6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure success by the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
6sense is a Predictive Intelligence Engine that is reimagining how B2B companies do sales and marketing. It works with big data at scale, advanced machine learning and predictive modelling to find buyers and predict what they will purchase, when and how much.
6sense helps B2B marketing and sales organizations fully understand the complex ABM buyer journey. By combining intent signals from every channel with the industry’s most advanced AI predictive capabilities, it is finally possible to predict account demand and optimize demand generation in an ABM world. Equipped with the power of AI and the 6sense Demand PlatformTM, marketing and sales professionals can uncover, prioritize, and engage buyers to drive more revenue.
6sense is seeking a Staff Software Engineer and data to become part of a team designing, developing, and deploying its customer-centric applications.
We’ve more than doubled our revenue in the past five years and completed our Series E funding of $200M last year, giving us a stable foundation for growth.
- Own critical datasets and data pipelines for product & business, and work towards direct business goals of increased data coverage, data match rates, data quality, data freshness
- Create more value from various datasets with creative solutions, and unlocking more value from existing data, and help build data moat for the company
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain optimal data pipelines, and assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Improving our current data pipelines i.e. improve their performance, SLAs, remove redundancies, and figure out a way to test before v/s after roll out
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements in data flow across multiple stages and via collaboration with multiple cross functional teams eg. automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, hand-off processes etc.
- Work with cross function stakeholders including the Product, Data Analytics , Customer Support teams for their enablement for data access and related goals
- Build for security, privacy, scalability, reliability and compliance
- Mentor and coach other team members on scalable and extensible solutions design, and best coding standards
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams
- 8-10+ years of overall work experience as a Data Engineer
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience with Big Data technologies like Apache Spark. Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto would-be a plus
- Strong experience in writing complex, optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
- Experience with optimizing queries and underlying storage
- Experience with Python/ Scala
- Experience with Apache Airflow or other orchestration tools
- Experience with writing Hive / Presto UDFs in Java
- Experience working on AWS cloud platform and services.
- Experience with Key Value stores or NoSQL databases would be a plus.
- Comfortable with Unix / Linux command line
- You can work independently as well as part of a team.
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to conclusion.
- You’re a good communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but also teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions.
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it #li-remote
Full-time employees can take advantage of health coverage, paid parental leave, generous paid time-off and holidays, quarterly self-care days off, and stock options. We’ll make sure you have the equipment and support you need to work and connect with your teams, at home or in one of our oﬃces.
We have a growth mindset culture that is represented in all that we do, from onboarding through to numerous learning and development initiatives including access to our LinkedIn Learning platform. Employee well-being is also top of mind for us. We host quarterly wellness education sessions, and everyone has access to meQuilibrium – a platform to encourage self care and personal growth. From wellness days to ERG-hosted events, we celebrate and energize all 6sense employees and their backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer: