Salesforce Architect (CPQ & Billing)
6sense is on a mission to revolutionize how B2B organizations create revenue by predicting customers most likely to buy and recommending the best course of action to engage anonymous buying teams. 6sense Revenue AI is the only sales and marketing platform to unlock the ability to create, manage and convert high-quality pipeline to revenue.
People are the heart and soul of 6sense. We serve with passion and purpose. We live by our Being 6sense values of Accountability, Growth Mindset, Integrity, Fun and One Team. Every 6sensor plays a part in deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. 6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure success by the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
We are looking for a Salesforce Solution Architect with expertise in Salesforce Revenue Cloud and ERP systems to join the IT Enterprise Application team.
The Solution Architect serves as subject matter expert on Salesforce CPQ and Billing projects responsible for GTM stakeholder delivery, proposals, new business opportunities, and knowledge management. The Solution Architect works to understand requirements and enable the authoring/development of quality solutions that meet the requirements. This role will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Revenue Operations, Deal Desk, Sales, Finance, and Product.
This role requires a strategic mindset, comprehending the intricate relationship among mission-critical applications, 6sense Salesforce design, and aligning them with the organization's long-term objectives. As a thought leader on the team, you'll decipher the broader ecosystem's architecture and translate it into innovative design decisions benefiting all applications and team members.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- The Salesforce Solution Architect acts as a trusted technical and process advisor who partners with stakeholders to drive their vision into optimal design solutions
- As the Solution Architect you are responsible for translating business needs into technical specifications, design and development solutions, test and deploy them into production
- In depth understanding of Product & Pricing modeling/configuration, Product Upgradation, CPQ Approvals, Quote to cash process, approval flows and Order & Billing Process
- Deep knowledge subscription management and the order lifecycle from sales to deal desk to finance
- Optimize existing codebase and system architecture with a focus on scalability, increased efficiency and automation which entails reconfiguration and re-architecting current solution
- Responsible for defining, estimating, and shaping Quote to Cash technical solutions using best practices
- Design and develop robust Salesforce solutions, leveraging Salesforce declarative or programmatic tools (Apex, SOQL, Visualforce, Lightning, Aura components)
- Document as-is and to-be architecture solutions. Present complex solutions, options and benefits to key technical program stakeholders
- Communicate and work effectively with cross functional teams including business teams, product teams, global IT Apps teams, consultants & vendors
- Meet with internal users/clients to determine business, functional and technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Assist with the planning of application changes, development, and installation of upgrades, patches, and new releases
- Assist in ensuring that processes and operations comply with corporate policy, IT policy and SOX General Computer Controls.
Educational and Experience Requirements :
- 5+ years of functional, hands-on Salesforce CPQ experience; 3+ years in leading CPQ and Subscription/Renewal implementation experience as a Solution Architect
- At least 2 full cycle Salesforce CPQ project implementations
- Deep experience in various CPQ functionalities for a SaaS, subscription business, to include perpetual and subscription-based licensing, various discounting models, amendments, extensions, co-terming and renewals · Proficient in configuring and customizing Salesforce Revenue Cloud, including creating revenue recognition, price books, and contract management workflows
- Certifications must include Salesforce CPQ Specialist and Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Strong functional knowledge of Lead to Cash process with expertise in Quote-to-Cash, Configuration, Product Catalog/modeling, Pricing, Quoting and CLM functional areas
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, to understand business requests/requirements and translate them into design and development
- Experience with quote document generation and integration with DocuSign
- Strong understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Expertise in designing, coding and implementing APEX code Triggers, Classes, Components etc. Visualforce components, SOQL and SOSL languages
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce Objects and Data Model
- Experience using Agile, CI/CD, DevOps
- Experience with Development Lifecycle best practices including Salesforce Deployment/Packaging using Metadata API, Changesets and code coverage
Competencies and Behaviours :
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with strong business discernment and an ability to communicate analysis in a clear and compelling manner
- Able to work independently and in a team, meticulous, critical thinker and performance driven
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment, and deliver value iteratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with various levels within the organization as well as collaborate with cross-functional business partners and technical teams
- Strong desire to learn. You are energized when new features and technologies become available and eager to understand them and maximize their potential. #LI-Remote
Full-time employees can take advantage of health coverage, paid parental leave, generous paid time-off and holidays, quarterly self-care days off, and stock options. We’ll make sure you have the equipment and support you need to work and connect with your teams, at home or in one of our oﬃces.
We have a growth mindset culture that is represented in all that we do, from onboarding through to numerous learning and development initiatives including access to our LinkedIn Learning platform. Employee well-being is also top of mind for us. We host quarterly wellness education sessions, and everyone has access to meQuilibrium – a platform to encourage self care and personal growth. From wellness days to ERG-hosted events, we celebrate and energize all 6sense employees and their backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer: