Clinical Research Manager
paducah, ky, usa
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We are growing the team with this newly created opportunity and searching for a dedicated and experienced Clinical Research Manager to join the team. This manager will be responsible for the daily and long-term operations of several clinical trials from start up through study close-out in the Kentucky Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
The Clinical Research Manager will help design, implement and refine a new model for delivering clinical research as part of care in primary care practices. In this role, the Clinical Research Manager will lead the way for providing everyone with easy access to clinical research as care to improve clinical quality, reduce disparities in research, increase patient access to new treatments, and support physicians in research participation.
Candidates must be located near Paducah, Kentucky. Regular local travel is required for this position.
- Serve as the primary contact for clinical trials across the ACO to ensure appropriate communications, trial management, and meeting of timelines
- Develop strong working relationships and maintain effective communication with study team members and key stakeholders
- Working closely with partners on all areas of clinical trials including start-up, vendor management, subject recruitment, protocol training, data entry, and reporting in compliance with sponsor requirements
- Manage multiple concurrent trials
- Complete all protocol related training
- Perform patient/research participant scheduling
- Collect patient/research participant history
- Collect and maintains source documentation
- Perform data entry and query resolution
- Support the collection and review of required essential study documents and reports
- Order supportive study supplies (e.g., contracts, IXRS, lab kits, nonclinical supply materials, imaging and laboratory handling manuals, etc.).
- Adhere to an IRB approved protocol
- Collect and provide all documents required for research-related regulatory purposes.
- Coordinate and conduct the informed consent process
- Support the safety of research subjects, report adverse events.
- Maintain all trial-related training records as required.
- Ensure all research-required equipment is appropriately calibrated.
- Coordinate protocol related research procedures, study visits, and follow-up
- Assist with the screening, recruiting and enrollment of research subjects
- Facilitate pre-study, site qualification, study initiation, monitoring visits, and study close out activities
- Collect, process and ship laboratory specimens
- Communicate with internal teams, investigators, ACO board, and stakeholders
- Comply with Aledade, Clinic, Sponsor, and partner policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines
- Work closely with Aledade, practice leadership, and other partners to refine clinical trial approaches and identify strategies to bring clinical research as part of care to other Aledade markets
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of clinical research coordinator experience
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research studies, protocols, etc.
- Self starter with the ability to run with things
- BS/BA in Life Sciences or related discipline
- Previous GCP training and certification
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams and relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Ability to travel for clinical activities, attend investigator meetings or vendor visits/audits, as required
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills for the management of multiple concurrent projects
- Preferred: Nursing experience in a clinical setting
- Thinks beyond their immediate team and contributes to making Aledade holistically better (active engagement in D&I efforts, culture initiatives, facilitating training, leading roundtables, etc.)
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?