Staff Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure - (Permanent Remote, US)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2022
As a Staff Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure , you will build technology that saves lives. At Aledade we use data to save lives. This opportunity is to improve millions of people's mental and physical health, that's what we do here at Aledade. We empower primary care physicians to use technology to keep their patients healthy, by preventing unnecessary hospitalizations.
At Aledade, you will sit at the intersection of:
A huge problem; amounting to trillions of dollars of waste in U.S. Healthcare spending.
An approach that moves the needle; In the U.S., we wait until someone has a stroke, then are hospitalized. From there, no expense is spared. Using technology, Aledade changes that by enabling doctors to intervene with the proper preventive care, like blood pressure control, before it becomes a stroke.
A platform that works at scale; last year 11,000 physicians across 36 states served ~1.7M patients, saving 24,000 unnecessary hospitalizations and 120,000 visits to the emergency room using Aledade’s technology.
But the journey is only 1% done, come join us to build a world-class team that will not quit till it addresses the trillions of dollars of suffering in U.S. healthcare spending.
As a Staff Software Engineer , you will take us beyond traditional monolithic SQL engines and batch pipelines. You will build the next generation of distributed data storage and processing systems. You will build systems that can scale indefinitely and surpass traditional query performance while making the interfaces for that data simple, expressive, and cleanly abstracted. Your interfaces will support a broad array of data consumers, from our web application to business analytics and artificial intelligence.
- Architect abstractions to allow for ingesting and processing multiple clinical and patient data feeds.
- Use the latest tools to harvest knowledge from data.
- Re-design systems to meet the growing data and query needs.
- Develop automated build, test, and release infrastructures.
- Set and uphold the standard for engineering processes to support high-quality engineering, including style and code checking, test harnesses, and release packaging.
- Balance speed and scalability, dealing with millions of records per client and pesky data integration and data quality issues, while optimizing for time to market.
- Maintain the security of protected patient health information.
- Mentoring and galvanizing new engineers to do their best work.
- Working across disciplines to shape a product strategy and execution.
As the engineering team grows, you will lift the people around you:
- BS/BTech (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field required
- 5+ years of production-level experience as an engineer building highly scalable and reliable infrastructure
- Experience architecting, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems at scale
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP, or an advanced private cloud such as Google or Facebook)
- Experience with security and systems that handle sensitive data
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL or other database querying languages on large multi-table data sets.
- 3+ years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision-maker in a team setting, solving for short-term and long-term business value
- Working knowledge of health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records, Clinical data, etc.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.