South Boston, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Location: Halifax Internal Medicine
Position: Medical Assistant
Every employee of Halifax Internal Medicine is obligated and accountable to deliver professional patient care. Every attempt must be made to follow guidelines set forth by OSHA as well as compliant with all HIPPA regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include but are not limited to):
- “Work-up” patients – take and record vital signs (weight, height, temperature, blood pressure, respiratory, pulse),
- Administer injections per doctors order
- Schedule outpatient procedures and work the front desk when needed.
- Record preliminary reports called from hospital and/or other physician
- Obtain required pre-authorizations for outpatient procedures
- Assist physician/provider with procedures, always maintaining sterile field.
- Perform EKG, spirometry, ear lavage when ordered by provider
- Clean and Stock exam rooms during daily operating hours
- Any and all medical supplies required by physician/provider using that room.
- Cleaning supplies to sterilize furniture, equipment or any other area used between each patient use
- Any patient education materials physician/providers prefer
- Safely discard any biohazardous materials using provided bags, containers, etc.
- Inventory medical supplies. Log quantity on hand, submit order to Nursing Supervisor or Office Manager when supply reaches minimum quantity limits. Orders should be submitted 5 business days in advance to cut freight and delivery charges.
- Complete patient forms for physician / provider to signature (FMLA, WC, etc.)
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?