Family Nurse Practitioner
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2023
Location: Family Medicine at Greenhill
Position: Family Nurse Practitioner
Family Medicine at Greenhill a mid-sized independent primary care office in Wilmington, Delaware is currently seeking an experienced full or part time Family Practice Nurse Practitioner to care for an established panel of patients. Patients may be seen in one of our two offices, possibly also in their homes. Nurse Practitioners provide preventive and sick care as well as manage chronic diseases, maintain accurate clinical records and utilize Accountable Care Organization tools to assist patients in accessing high value, high quality health care
Flexible hours are available and some Saturdays may be required.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide office based clinical primary care including screenings, history and physical, care plan documentation, vaccination and high value referrals.
- Possibly provide primary care to homebound patients, depending on practice needs and employee’s experience and interests.
- Examines patients, including discussing medical history and symptoms and performing physicals.
- Enhance delivery of well-coordinated care by incorporating records from acute, specialist and post-acute visits into the clinical chart and deriving clinical insights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient records.
- Clearly and concisely documents all patient encounters in the Electronic Health Record in a timely manner
- Accurately bills and codes each encounter as required for reimbursement.
- Maximize patient satisfaction by providing evidence-backed patient education, shared decision making and excellent bedside manner
- Advise patients regarding prescriptions and alternative treatment plans.
- Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations, and standards.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests, including x-rays, blood work, and scans.
- Refers patients to specialists if necessary and analyzes medical records and reports.
- Uses knowledge base tools which may include: medical database software, medical research software, medical diagnosis software, medical billing software, e-prescribing software, scheduling software, billing software, and telemedicine software.
- Graduation from an Accredited Nurse Practitioner Program and current licensure to practice in the state of Delaware
- Current unencumbered DEA and Delaware controlled substance license
- Minimum two years’ experience in a primary care or comparable care setting
- Home visit experience a plus
- Experience documenting clinical data in an electronic health record system (EHR)
- Bilingual a plus
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team of nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants, and physicians to provide quality patient care.
- Team oriented and a positive attitude
- Philosophically aligned to ACO goals of high quality, high value care
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?