Cheraw, SC, USA
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
Location: Palmetto Family Medicine
Position: Medical Assistant
Summary of Responsibilities: The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for assisting providers with patient care, performing appropriate procedures, and preparing exam rooms and equipment. The MA is also responsible for maintaining records and interacting in a professional, friendly manner with patients and family members, physicians, staff, and visitors. The MA is to fulfill the responsibilities in accordance with the Palmetto Family Medicine Values, Policies and Procedures, and all applicable laws. The MA is accountable for efficient use of resources /equipment's and support of the practice’s mission.
Experience Required: Minimum 1 year to 2 years
- Demonstrates knowledge of the practice operations and related policies.
- Complies with established Practice Policies for attendance, procedures, and safety.
- Adheres to all Federal Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations
- Participates in departmental meetings
- Follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
- Complies with the standards of conduct and seeks guidance.
- Meets or exceeds expectations of individuals for whom service is provided.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms, records initial patient history, and notes vital signs and chief complaints in the patient’s medical records.
- Completes all necessary documentation including immunization records and logs, as ordered by the physician.
- Assists providers with examinations and procedures as requested.
- Administers injections and medications, as ordered by the provider.
- Calls pharmacies to refill prescriptions under the direction of the provider.
- Accurately completes and submits paperwork to the lab, as ordered by the provider.
- Manages charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately.
- Sends and receives hospital notes, referral information, and other medical office correspondence.
- Handles callbacks, patient test results, and lab requests, as requested by the provider.
- Cleans exam rooms and equipment, performing sterilization procedures as necessary after pt discharge and/or at day closing.
- Keeps exam rooms properly stocked with medical supplies, forms, and other materials needed.
- Triages patient phone calls, documents information from patients via telephone, and translates information to providers for response.
- Places return calls as directed by providers.
- Excellent knowledge base of clinically assisting physicians and patients in a private practice setting.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- The ability to perform phlebotomy and administer injection
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
- Reliable, responsible, and highly organized.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to meet and exceed timelines.
- Detail oriented.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?