East Lansing, MI, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Location: Lansing Neurosurgery - Compass Healthcare
Position: Physician Assistant
Lansing Neurosurgery is seeking a Physician Assistant to provide direct support for a neurosurgeon both in office and during the patient's hospital stay including assisting during surgery. Our Lansing Neurosurgery office consists of board certified physicians who treat brain and spinal disorders. We work alongside a team of professionals, including neurologists, OMM, pain specialists, pain psychologists, physical therapists, neuro-oncology, radiation oncology and imaging specialists.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases. Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, and illness). Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency and crisis situations. Subject to irregular hours.
Physical Requirements: Occasional prolonged standing/walking. Occasionally lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
Schedule: Full-Time Salaried position with a Salary range of 105,000.00 - $130,000.00 annually. (Monday – Friday & on-call)
Physician Assistant Accountabilities (In-Office):
- Performs patient clinical intake function including rooming patients, vital signs as appropriate, reviews PFSH and medical reconciliation.
- Conducts and documents a nursing assessment for physician's review.
- Schedules patients requiring surgery and coordinates testing and special instructions.
- Responds to questions from patients and serves as liaison with surgeon pre and post-op.
- Assisting Neurosurgeon with surgery -
- Opportunities to practice in concert with neurosurgeon and working independently with patients in clinic.
- Assists in completing routine and special forms for patients.
- Acts as in office nurse to coordinate response to patient inquiries.
- Takes night and weekend call on a rotating basis.
Physician Assistant Accountabilities (In-Hospital):
- Assists surgeons in coordinating activities including discharges on patients of the practices.
- Assists surgeons in surgery as requested.
- Inputs standard orders and modifications under direct physical supervision of physician.
- Assures patients receive follow up appointments, discharge instructions and any teaching required by the practice.
- Documents as may be necessary in hospital and office record within scope of practice.
- Minimum Education: PA licensure in the State of Michigan
- Experience – minimum 1 year, hospital or clinic
- Medical / Vision / Dental
- Continuing education
- 401 (k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-Term Disability with options to purchase Short-term at group cost
- Group Life insurance (2X’s annual salary) with options to purchase Term life
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?