Ridgeway, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Location: Ridgeway Family Health
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Multi-Provider Family Medical Office
Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness is seeking candidates for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Bassett Family Practice and Ridgeway Family Health.
MHC Coalition for Health and Wellness is committed to providing primary health and integrated behavioral health services at our two Federally Qualified Health Center sites and our Community Dental Clinic by promoting health, reducing health risk factors and increasing access to medical services, primarily for the uninsured and underserved in the Martinsville-Henry County area. Additionally, the Coalition offers chronic disease self management, medication assistance, and care coordination services to patients in our service area.
Our LPN’s provide practical nursing support in the delivery of quality care for the patient in a medical practice setting. Must have at least 1 year experience in healthcare, preferably in a medical office setting. Candidates should be familiar with use of an electronic medical record (EMR), preferably eClinical Works (eCW), and knowledgeable about care coordination and health education.
Qualified candidates can provide professional nursing care according to current best practices, maintain confidentiality, promote person-centered care, communicate effectively and have good computer skills. Must be team oriented, a problem-solver and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Completes patient assessment to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint, current medications, etc.
- Prepares patient for provider evaluation, including obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, assisting during exams and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections as directed by the provider.
- Maintains work area, exam, treatment rooms in a clean, safe manner; restock with supplies and instruments; sterilize reusable equipment as needed.
- Documents patient information in the electronic medical recorded.
- Provides patient teaching as indicated and directed by the provider including lab results, diet instructions, medication instructions, appropriate follow-up, and reinforcing provider instructions as needed.
- Assist with referral authorizations for specialists and pre-authorizations for testing and ancillary services.
- Assists with lab procedures.
- Shift will vary based on the Provider’s schedule.
- Education: Completion of a Practical Nursing education program required.
- Experience: One (1) year experience in a physician office preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Virginia (LPN) required.
- Paid Holidays (8)
- Paid Time Off (160 hours)
- Simple IRA Plan (with company match)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance provided by employer
- Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage provided by employer
- Other voluntary plans available
- No nights or weekend work
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?