Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Location: Family Practice Associates
Position: Medical Assistant
REQUIREMENTS: Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program. High School Diploma. Certification.
HOURS OF WORK: Flexible work hours which average 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, excluding lunch; however, hours of work and days worked may be adjusted to meet operational needs of the department.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development appropriate to the patients served. Must be able to access and interpret age specific data about the patient’s status in order to properly identify each patient’s needs. If applicable, must possess knowledge of age specific community resources. Patient population consists of infant, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Able to identify revenue-enhancing activities. Responsible for appropriate use of corporate resources.
REPORTS AND RECORDS: Responsible for medical record documentation, collecting patient data for risk assessment and taking patient histories. Clinical audits. Verbal reports to supervisor as needed. Report case status to medical providers regularly. Communicable disease reporting.
INITIATIVE, JUDGEMENT, AND CREATIVE ABILITY: Take initiative and demonstrate creativity in maintaining smooth patient flow and enhancement of provider productivity. Exercise judgment, operating within guidelines established by Family Practice Associates when interpreting policies and procedures. Demonstrate organizational skills and ability to work independently, as well as the ability to follow directions. Flexibility in dealing with different personalities is necessary. Detail oriented; set priorities and consistently meet established deadlines.
MENTAL VISUAL, AND HEARING DEMANDS: Effective written and verbal communication skills and telephone etiquette are required.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Accucheck, Audiogram, Computer, EKG Machine, Fax Machine, Hemocue, Nebulizer, Photocopier, Pulse oximeter, Telephones, Thermometers.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide assistance to clinicians in the examination and treatment of patients
- Assure all exam rooms and clinical work area is clean and safe
- Restock work area, exam rooms, and rest rooms as needed.
- Notify nurse Manager when inventory of clinical supplies, medications and other items essential to healthcare setting need to be reordered/replenished.
- Assure all medical equipment is in working order. Notifies Nurse Manager when equipment is not in working order.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Administer immunizations, injections, and medications according to protocol or standing orders.
- Perform vital signs, EKG, in-office laboratory tests and other procedures
- Answers telephone messages under the direction of the clinician
- Assure all procedures and other
- Perform timely, thorough and accurate documentation of all care rendered, including patient education, in the medical record.
- Participate in quality of care and practice improvement initiatives.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, and on-site training sessions. .
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor toward patients, staff members, and all guests and perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and protocols governing infection control, disposal of infectious/hazardous waste, and handling of hazardous materials. Follow guidelines and instructions detailed in OSHA Infection Control Manual.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures concerning fire safety, management of medical emergencies, natural disasters, and other safety concerns, according to protocols, guidelines and instructions detailed in Family Practice Associate’s Clinical Policies and Procedures Manual and all other manuals concerning such issues.
PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Clinically function under the direct supervision of health center providers at all times.
- Function under standing orders and protocols as applicable.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Administrative Director/Nurse Manager
- Moderate risk of exposure to hazardous chemicals such as isopropyl alcohol, potassium hydroxide, sodium hypochlorite, etc.
- High risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens
- High risk of exposure to tuberculosis and other infectious diseases that can be transmitted in healthcare/childcare setting
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?