Haverhill, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2023
Location: Haverhill Family Office
Position: Medical Coder
Medical Coder for immediate start! Perks include working in a brand-new office built in 2023. Delicious catered lunch on an almost daily basis.
We are a well-established primary care medical practice looking for an enthusiastic team player to join us as a medical coder. You will learn all aspects of working in a primary care medical office, including developing expertise in eClinicalworks EMR. You will work as a team to serve the community around you.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for ICD and CPT coding into eClinicalworks Electronic Medical Record per provider instructions.
- Professionalism on the phone
- Manage incoming and outgoing faxes including prescriptions, referrals and medical records.
- Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
- Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician and patients.
- Assist with front office duties as needed including answering phone calls and check-in check- out.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations.
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider.
- Abides by all applicable policy and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with eClinicalworks strongly preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge including how to organize folders in Windows 11.
- Knowledge about ICD10 and CPT codes.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality/HIPPA confidentiality required.
- Extremely detailed oriented with strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Must be coachable and a fast learner.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?