Westlake, OH, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Location: Premier Physicians Centers
Position: Nurse Practitioner
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards and practices.
EDUCATION: BSN, MSN preferred. Successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years professional nursing experience in a clinic setting plus two years of nurse practitioner experience.
REQUIREMENTS: Current state RN license.
1. Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.
2. Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
3. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/ maintain a safe work environment.
1. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
2. Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
1. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
2. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
3. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and establish/ maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Combination of exam rooms and medical offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and irregular hours.
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Sutures minor lacerations.
- Instructs patient/ family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medial needs of patients.
- Orders approximately laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and Premier Physicians Centers guidelines. Sutures minor lacerations.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?