Physician Assistant - Primary Care (Greater Boston Area)
Haverhill, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Location: Haverhill Family Office
Position: Physician Assistant
Full autonomy to practice medicine in a growing independent primary care practice.
Why This Role Is Important:
- As a key member of the clinical team, the Physician Assistant will provide the full scope of primary care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients. Patient care will be provided on-site as well as virtually.
- Leveraging virtual care solutions, the Physician Assistant will collaborate with internal teams to communicate with and treat patients in a telehealth setting. This individual should be comfortable with computers and interested in working in an evolving environment where tools to provide care are frequently updated and improved.
The Physician Assistant will be primarily accountable for:
- Diagnosing and treating patients in-person or via telemedicine, including recommending suitable treatment plans and considering cost-effective treatment modalities.
- Collaborating with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Maintaining continuity of care between physician visits.
- Maintaining and reviewing patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posting tests and examination results.
- Counseling for each patient on a wellness plan; providing medical and wellness education.
- Prescribing medication in accordance with Massachusetts statute and professional practice guidelines
- Collaborating with specialty care as appropriate.
- Reviewing incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow up in a timely manner.
- Participating in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings.
- Assisting in updating/implementing protocols and principles of practice as requested.
- 2+ years of direct experience in a clinical setting
- Must independently see 20 patients a day (in-office & telehealth)
- BSN, MSN Required
- DEA license
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant training program
- Massachusetts Physician’s Assistant Licensure
- Telemedicine experience
- Able to speak Spanish
- Flexibility and interest in working in a telemedicine environment
- Comfort using new technology and software such as eClinicalworks EMR
- A kind and compassionate individual who has experience helping others using technology
How We Will Support You:
- Productive and positive team-based environment
- Collaborative approach to delivering high-quality relationship-centered care
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth
- Opportunities to provide feedback and contribute to growth and innovation
- Primary Location: Haverhill or Lowell Massachusetts. 40 minutes from Boston and has direct access to the commuter rail.
- Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
- Competitive Salary; Performance Based Bonus
- Perks: Garage Parking. Delicious catered lunch on an almost daily basis.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?