Lead, Revenue Cycle Management, Remote
Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We are growing and searching for a Lead, Revenue Cycle Management to join the team. Our New Ventures team supports a variety of growing business lines to complement Aledade’s core business of helping independent physicians succeed in value-based care arrangements. This role will use Aledade’s industry-leading data set to help partner practices improve their short-term financial health, and chart a long-term strategy for growth.
We are looking for an ambitious Lead to support Aledade’s Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Liaison program, and support the broader New Ventures team. Your role as an RCM Lead will be to implement a solution within Aledade to help Aledade’s Primary Care Physician partners improve revenue-cycle functions across both billing and coding through a short-term engagement that includes training and consulting.
You will help design and implement services that have product-market fit. As you learn from our practice partners, you will to contribute to the team’s playbook and evolve the project with your project management skills, ensuring that our billing and coding solution performs consistently at industry-leading levels.
- Implement solutions that support Aledade partner practices in billing and coding activities
- Execute go-to-market tests for new offerings
- Lead cross-functional operations to drive improved outcomes
- Manage relationships with Aledade partner practices
- Use data to identify practices that could benefit from Aledade services
- Partner with practices to understand billing and coding workflows and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Engage with physicians and practice staff on recommendations that improve business functions, accurately document visits, and allow for high-quality patient care
- Serve as an ongoing resource for Aledade partner practices on billing and coding
- Partner with business intelligence and impact analytics teams on data insights needed to validate business case inputs and to monitor outcomes
- Develop and/or contribute to financial models to evaluate future revenue and costs associated with RCM liaison services, under the direction of New Ventures leadership
- Manage & lead billing and coding related projects, including tracking key metrics across initiatives and driving cross-functional team collaboration
- Identify trends across practices and provide feedback on the best course of action to improve billing and coding practices
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, health policy, or other related field or equivalent work experience required
- Current certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC), or equivalent, preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with proven track record of designing and building healthcare revenue cycle management solution products and workflows
- Risk adjustment documentation and coding expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMS HCC Risk Adjustment program, methodology, and impact to value-based contracts
- Highly organized and proactive in raising questions around clarity, prioritization, blockers, and other points to drive assigned tasks forward
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage without explicit authority
- Demonstrated ability to consult primary care providers and practice stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of coding guidelines
- Understanding of fee-for-service and value-based contract principles
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills
- Comfortable tackling ambiguous problems with a high level of autonomy
- Thorough understanding of medical coding guidelines and regulations including compliance, reimbursement and the impact on fee-for-service contracts, and the impact of diagnosis documentation on risk adjustment payment models
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?