Cerro Gordo, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
Location: G&G Healthcare, PC
Position: Physician Assistant
G&G Healthcare is an outpatient, Primary Care Medical Practice located in Southeastern NC, founded in 1998 by Dr. Melvin D. Gerald. At G&G Healthcare we offer a full range of services for all family members. We are excited to provide the tools that will help our patients live a healthier and longer life. Our customer service skills help create a unique patient experience that is both personable and compassionate.
Position Summary: The Physician Assistant will provide total patient care under the direct supervision of a physician. The Physician Assistant will follow policies and procedures, established by the practice. The Physician Assistant will demonstrate subject matter expertise regarding medication, treatment, and standards of patient care.
- Evaluates and treats patients within practice parameters
- Order appropriate tests, treatment and provide counseling, as needed
- Review patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports
- Completes physical exams and records pertinent data in acceptable medical forms
- Makes medical diagnoses and institutes therapy or refers patient to the appropriate provider
- Obtains and interprets patient data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, as needed
- Develops and implements action plan
- Provides instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients
- Performs or assists with routine medical techniques and procedures
- Performs other jobs-related duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school/college of Physician Assistants required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of primary care or allied health experience preferred
- CPR or BLS required
- Physician Assistant (PA) licensure in state of practice required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic medical procedures
- Strong computer skills
- Strong understanding of the needs of rural and underserved communities
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and medical staff
- Ability to comfortably perform and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow the protocols and procedures established by the practice
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?