Family Nurse Practitioner
Cerro Gordo, NC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Location: G&G Healthcare
Position: Family Nurse Practitioner
G & G Healthcare, P.C. Nurse-Practitioner (NP) serves as primary care physician extenders by performing the following tasks under the supervision of a licensed physician: (1) performing designated diagnostic, therapeutic, and clinical medical procedures, (2) evaluating patients by taking medical histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering laboratory test, and (3) identifying urgent, emergency, and continuing medical problems and recommending appropriate treatment plans and corrective actions. The Nurse-Practitioner’s immediate supervisor is the designated supervising physician or an alternate physician at the office where they are assigned to work on a given day.
Nurse-Practitioners must provide written documentation to verify their compliance with the following minimum qualifications: (1) graduation from a Nurse-Practitioner training program which is accredited by a nationally recognized medical profession accrediting body, (2) current certification as a Nurse-Practitioner by a nationally recognized medical profession accrediting body, (3) current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of North Carolina, and (4) current certification as a Nurse-Practitioner by the State of North Carolina.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Specific functions and responsibilities of the Nurse-Practitioner position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Screening and triaging patients, in the office and on the phone, to determine their need for medical attention.
- Reviewing patient records to determine their health status.
- Taking complete, detailed, and accurate patient and family medical histories.
- Performing general physical examinations on all patients.
- Performing developmental screening examinations on children.
- Making decisions regarding data gathering and the appropriate management and treatment of a patient during the initial or follow-up evaluation of a medical problem or condition.
- Recording pertinent patient data in the patient’s medical records.
- Preparing patient summaries and developing comprehensive medical status reports.
- Ordering blood, urine, stool, and other specimens and initiation requests for laboratory studies, analyses, and cultures of such specimen.
- Identifying normal and abnormal findings based on a patient’s medical history, physical examination, and commonly performed laboratory studies.
- Initiating appropriate evaluation and treatment procedures in emergency and urgent situations such as cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, injuries, burns, hemorrhage, etc.
- Performing diagnostic, therapeutic, and clinical procedures such as:
- Specimen collection
- Intradermal test
- Visual screening
- Audiometry screening
- Administration of injections, medications, immunizations, and intravenous fluids
- Control of external hemorrhage
- Removal of superficial foreign bodies
- Application of dressings and bandages
- Care and suturing of minor lacerations, wounds, burns, and skin infections
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Making referrals to medical specialist and consultants for specialized diagnoses and health care needs or second opinions under specific orders from a supervising physician.
- Arranging admissions to a hospital or other inpatient health care facilities under specific orders from a supervising physician.
- Attending inpatient hospital rounds in accordance with the policies of each hospital or other inpatient health care facilities where G & G Healthcare admits patients.
- Providing counseling and instruction regarding common patient problems such as nutrition, family planning, exercise, smoking, behavior, and human development.
- Referring patients to community organizations and governments agencies for extended social services and/or health care services.
- Prescribing and dispensing drugs as specified by applicable federal state and local legislation and national Nurse-Practitioner certification restrictions.
- Ensuring that all patient medical records, prescriptions, and laboratory results initiated by the Nurse-Practitioner are reviewed and countersigned by the supervising physician or an alternate physician within 48 hours.
- Assisting in office management by keeping administrative records, ordering supplies and drugs, and maintaining medical and office equipment.
- Performing other medical or administrative duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervising physician or other designated G & G Healthcare, PC management or supervisory personnel.
- Graduate from an accredited school/college required.
- Two years of primary care or allied health experience preferred
- CPR or BLS required
- Licensure in state of practice required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic medical procedures
- Strong computer skills
- Strong understanding of the needs of rural and underserved communities
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and medical staff
- Ability to comfortably perform and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow the protocols and procedures established by the practice
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?