Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Location: Gerald Family Care
Position: Family Physician
Where You Will Work: Gerald Family Care is an outpatient, Primary Care Medical Practice located in the Maryland and Washington, D.C. areas, founded in 1974 by Dr. Melvin D. Gerald. At Gerald Family Care we offer a full range of services for all family members. We are excited to provide the tools that will help our patients live a healthier and longer life. Our customer service skills help create a unique patient experience that is both personable and compassionate. We’d love for you to come join our family of dedicated healthcare professionals.
Position Summary: Seeking a Certified Family Physician to join our expanding primary care team and provide patients with high-quality treatment and diagnostic services in an outpatient setting. The ideal family physician will have a passion for providing diagnostic services in a rural setting to patients and will enjoy working closely with other healthcare professionals in our organization. We collaborate with our local hospital systems.
- Works with the primary healthcare team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients.
- Orders laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
- Analyze reports, test results, medical records, and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
- Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up to date before prescribing medication/treatment.
- Provides advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Provide primary care and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
- Prescribe appropriate medications, treatments, and health regimens to treat patient health issues.
- Collaborate with specialists to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues.
- Work in a team of healthcare professionals and collaborating with them to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
- Communication and inter-personal skills.
- Successful completion of residency at an accredited healthcare institution.
- Board certification in primary care or related field from said residency.
- Current Maryland Medical Practitioner License and Washington, D.C. Medical Practitioner License.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?