Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Location: Stoney Batter Family Medicine
Position: Billing Specialist
Family Practice office located in the Pike Creek Area is looking to hire a professional experienced self-starter medical billing specialist who is a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be punctual with great customer service and work ethics. Responsibilities include answering phones and providing customer service to patients, insurance companies. Working Accounts Receivable of denied claims and Self Pay Collections. Good understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, MVA, Worker’s Compensation, and managed Care (HMO, PPO, POS, etc.) With experience in ICD-10 and CPT guidelines.
- Answering phones, responding to patient requests or transferring to the necessary department
- Processing medical bills by sending them to patients and insurance providers as necessary
- Accurate logging of charges and payments received from insurances and patients while maintaining current records and balances
- Maintain current records including billing addresses, contacting patients as needed
- Collecting co-payments or other fees upon admittance
- Help patients understand billing and charges for which they are responsible
- Follow up on delinquent payments and resubmit billing as needed
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations. Compensation will be based on experience and performance.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
See more open positions at Aledade
Something looks off?